1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trent Lott Stepping Down

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ShinyTop, Dec 20, 2002.

1. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Just announced on CNN. No word on resigning his Senate seat.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Stepping down: A start.

3. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Just announced will not step down as Senator.

Also CNN is saying the doctor, Bill Frist (?), is a done deal as next majority leader.

4. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Well, I'm satisfied with that. If the voters want him out, then they can (and probably will) throw him out in his next election.

5. jamming

jamming Banned

Bill Frist, is one cool dude, he had to explain to the other Senators and the staffers when the Senate Offices got Anthrax. He worked with the people that were assigned in the investigation and offered his work as a Doctor for free to anyone worried about exposure.

6. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

See this. :)

http://nypost.com/delonas/delonas.htm

7. Ravenink

Ravenink Veteran Member

I heard today a rumor that Bill Frist has some financial scandals lurking, need to research mroe though.

8. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Man, is there ANYONE in an elected position, that doesn't have some sort of scandal, whether it be financial, sexual, or because of diareah of the mouth?!?!

You know, this is all our (the voters) fault - for putting people into public office that wouldn't even be allowed to hold the key to the petty cash box in most office settings....

9. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

I highly doubt many people in general, let alone politicians, could pass the acid test applied by the press these days, especially when they smell blood.

Free speech is a double edge sword, and the sharp edge is applied at the discretion of the person wielding it. Reporters LIVE to slice reputations to ribbons and it makes my stomach turn.

Reporters do indeed have a responsibility to the public but I think they step over the line more times than not just because they can.