1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trent Lott is for Affirmative Action

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Techie2000, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

He finished an interview for BET. He said he is for affirmative action. This should play out most inerestingly as far as how the republican party decides to deal (or dispose) of him. However if he gets dumped, then the democratic governer of Mississippi will get to choose his replacement, which will then most likely bring the senate back to a tie and we'll be in square one...

2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Techie, if he gets dumped as Majority Leader he does not lose his seat in the Senate. I have heard supporters hint will resign but he has not said so. I would like to hear the voters who elected him if he abandoned his seat.

3. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

He'd also say that he's not white, he just suffers from a melanin deficiency if he thought it would help retain the Senate leadership.

4. Coriolis

Coriolis Bob's your uncle

LMAO. rofl

Vacillation at its finest! Or, as long as it's not with federal funds?

http://www.issues2000.org/Senate/Trent_Lott.htm

Voted YES on banning affirmative action hiring with federal funds.
    Vote to disallow any funds in the Legislative Appropriations bill from being used to award, require, or encourage any Federal contract, if the contract is being awarded on the basis of the race, color, national origin, or gender of the contractor.
    Bill HR 1854 ; vote number 1995-317 on Jul 20, 1995

5. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Talked to somebody I used to work with today. Her husband's family is old money, southern Mississippi style. Trent Lott attended her husband's first wedding. According to her nobody in that part of Mississippi would vote for good old Trent if he were not a segregationist. It must be very difficult to live one life at home and another in Washington.