1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treats for our Republican friends

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Robert Harris, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

2. jamming

jamming Banned

Evile Louse, but just wait until Byrd is quoted next time talking about the N-Word. :angel:

3. jamming

jamming Banned

Here's one back for you.

4. Robert Harris

Admiral Byrd has been dead for a long time.

Nice one, Jim.

5. Robert Harris

Ane here's another good one. It should be noted that the NY Post is one of the most rebidly conservative rags in the world, owned by Rupert Murddoch.

http://nypost.com/delonas/delonas.htm

6. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

Regarding the Lott issue, I think he was just giving well wishes to a retiring man - there was nothing to it, and the media/other politicians should not make too much out of it.

7. Robert Harris

Stanley:

He has a 40-year record of worshipping the ideals of the Confederacy and supporting racial discrimination. Fom fraternity days until very recently. He could easily have said nice things about the old man -- who, byu the way, does not really deserve niceness -- without lamenting the passing of the Jim Crow regime in the South. But sspeaking withoug a prepared text this rubbish came naturally, without much thinking, since he has said such things so often. He just forgot that he was not speaking at a Mississippi country club. He deserves whatever he gets.

8. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

OK, I didn't know that. If there was such a context, then his remarks should be taken accordingly. I was thinking that one comment, off the cuff, should not generate a firestorm, because, of course, that happens quite a bit in Canada, from people who make one comment without a context of racism.

9. Robert Harris

There is another thread here with a lot of details on his record and the context.

10. jamming

jamming Banned

Well there is also a number of Democrats that have less than stellar racist backgrounds, too Stanley. I don't particularily agree with Robert's opinion of Lott and the facts that he surmises. But that is what elections are for, to express those opinions in a format where things are decided.