1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Trailer] The Incredible Hulk

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by SixofNine, Mar 18, 2008.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

They might have gotten it right this time. Ed Norton as Bruce Banner, Liv Tyler, Tim Roth, William Hurt, and (in what I assume is a cameo), Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark!

Got bandwidth? Check out the HD version of the trailer on that page.

2. mikeky

mikeky Member

We saw this Wednesday. It's a reboot, so wasn't sure in the beginning how I felt about that (ignore the previous movie!?), but by the end I was won over. Fortunately, the part about how Banner became the Hulk was told in brief flashbacks as the movie started, so didn't have to go through all that again.

Also, some interesting cameos/references tied to the TV series and comic. The dumb TV oh-poor-banner-all-alone-again theme that always played at the end of the TV series scared me a little, thought the movie was turning corny, but thankfully was only one snippet. The purple pants scene was funny (Banner/Hulk always wore purple pants in the comics!). Plus so many other references to the comics and other characters, including the setup at the end. And did I mention action? See Hulk smash, and smash, and smash.

It's great to see the directors/actors showing more interest in using the rich storylines and character backgrounds from the comics; it almost always makes for a much better story.