1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Trailer] The Happening

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by SixofNine, Feb 20, 2008.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

My bigger concern is that Leon's Jewish friends running Hollywood :D have entrusted M. Night Shamalamadingdong to make a live action version of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

In the meantime this movie is slated for release as a summer blockbuster. Boy, Hollywood sure knows how to make a good trailer.

2. mikeky

mikeky Member

Didn't they already make that film. Except they put it on as a TV series. And called it Jericho. And it got canned.

3. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Luke, I am NOT your father!

Jericho is still on. They just started season 2. :p

I can't see the trailer for the movie, but from the description I have read it doesn't sound to much like Jericho.

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Wow, and here I was thinking it was a remake of "What's Happening" and Marky-Mark was in the Rerun role!

SM

5. mikeky

mikeky Member

Give it time. :p

6. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

It seems that this type of movie is becoming popular. In other words, all you get during the movie is the view of the protagonist and you don't see anything else. This will be the fourth movie that I know of, Blair Witch, Cruises War of the Worlds, Cloverfield and now this movie.

7. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Leon has friends?

Tough critics around here. I liked the trailer. Will probably add this to my Netflix queue and wait for the DVD release. Looks interesting. I have enjoyed all of Mr. Shyamalan's movies, even the Lady in the Water one. He uses Hitchcock's formula and, in my opinion, does it well.

Speaking of good trailers, I thought I remembered reading a while ago about a website that rates movie trailers....and not the movies. There are awards and everything.