1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Trailer] Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by SixofNine, Oct 20, 2015.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

So Jar Jar ruined the whole thing for me so much I didn't see the rest of the SW prequels.

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I saw 'em all, but not until they came out on TV and could be viewed for free.

Debating on whether to do the same with this one. :yellowlaugh:

4. ethics

I am not. Looks like regurgitated Disneyesque bullshit. Dart Vader? Check. Portman character? Check -- hell it even looks like her. Sprinkle some old timers and it's the same old story.
    When SW originally came out, it was like nothing else on TV/Movies/Culture. It made geeks, it made nerds. This though?

5. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

The $hareholder$ mu$t en$sure that the franchi$e remain$ $olvent.

6. ethics

Pretty much all this is.

7. SixofNine

Sorry cynics, I'm still excited about this. :D I'm in the camp that likes what Abrams did with the Star Trek franchise (except for the annoying lens flare), so I'm hopeful. I do agree that the original trilogy spawned generations of geeks and nerds, and that magic will be very hard to duplicate.

8. SixofNine

Nerdgasm alert: new content in Japanese trailer.

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Another one recently released....

Ok, ok, it's fan-made, but don't you squidies have something better to do :p

10. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

I can't wait for this movie!!!!!!!!!!!! Have tickets for December 20th. And I think I am this only one who likes the prequels. They aren't great but then aren't horrible.

11. ethics

Carrie Fisher is amazing woman. Funny as hell