1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Trailer] Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by SixofNine, Apr 9, 2016.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

"This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel." :D

Remember in the original Star Wars movie (A New Hope) that the rebels had stolen the plans to the Death Star? Rogue One is the story about that theft. Starring Felicity Jones, who played Mrs. Hawking in The Theory of Everything. Christmas season release.

Apparently the movies on the main storyline are coming out every two years, and they're putting out these one-off "A Star Wars Story" movies in between.

2. Andy

This is definitely on my list of must see in the theater, it looks like another smash hit.

And, *that* music.. ~40 years later and it still stirs emotions.

I had no idea who Felicity Jones was prior to this trailer hitting but she appears to be a perfect fit for this character.

Side note, I have never watched Game of Thrones but I watched this morning "Terminator Genisys" at like 4am, and the girl they had playing Sarah Connor who appears to be "Daenerys" in GoT makes me definitely want to tune in now and catch up.
    What was that I heard awhile back about no strong female roles anymore?

3. Andy

Oh yeah, and the first time I saw it, I could have sworn that (former Top Gear host) Richard Hammond was the Rebel Pilot in the trailer. :rolf-53:
  4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

SixofNine likes this.
  5. Andy

"Yesss... a Jedi's Strength FLOWS from the force.... but beware of the Dark side."
  6. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Star Wars Humor

7. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

ethics likes this.
  8. Biker

A behind the scenes look during filming.

Yeah... This looks GOOD!
  9. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

OMG OMG OMG OMG. There is another trailer or something out that has Vadar and James Earl Jones is doing his voice! That right there is enough to get me to go see it
  10. Biker

cmhbob likes this.
  11. Biker

Holy crap, I got goosebumps listening to the score on that!
    cmhbob likes this.
  12. Arc

Arc Full Member

Wow. An absolutely great trailer in many ways! I'm guessing the movie itself stands a good chance to very good. One of the several writers, John Knoll has an impressive resume: Star Wars, Return of the Jedi, Avatar.

Overall I enjoyed the last Star Wars movie and am glad I saw it but I was disappointed in many ways. It was revealing to me that I found the scenes between Lea and Han the ones that most emotionally involved me.

It's a testament to the franchise that the original first three Star War movies going all the way back nearly 40 years still visually and sound wise stand still stand up and out on their own today against their much more technological descendants.
  13. Biker

Oh my. :drool-11:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  14. Elspeth

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!
  15. Biker

So Els. Tell us how you REALLY feel about this film. :yellowlaugh:
  16. Elspeth

Haha. I am a Star Wars nut! When Max got his laser disc player (yes we have a laser disc player) I had to get the original trilogy. It is the original release, not screwed with. I was so happy. Already told Max we are seeing this opening weekend.
  17. Andy

I just got back from seeing this and OMG the feelz...

It would have been nice though, to see the movie that was first teased in the trailer at the top of this thread, nearly half of it (by my count) never made the final cut after all the reshoots.

Still, it was great, and I enjoyed picking out easter eggs and other nods to future/past films of this series.

Peter Cushing looked great for a guy dead ~23 years as well. :p
  18. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Here's a good article on the reshoots that they did as well as the resultant trailer material that got cut. I think it's a plan to get us to buy the DVD with a director's cut. :) I was surprised that they left out " "this is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."

'Rogue One' reshoots changed more of the movie than we knew

A fan took the trouble to compile all of the teaser and trailer scenes that didn't make it into the final cut:

19. Andy

That, and Saw's entire key speech
  20. Andy

It was nice to be able to pick out with no previous knowledge Red and Gold Leaders in the fight scenes were the original actors done wth archive footage, and Luke's callsign predecessor of "Red 5" getting waxed to make that callsign available for him later on.

My daughter insisted that Alan Tudyk stole half the movie though with his droid's sassiness.