1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Trailer] It Was Inevitable

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by SixofNine, Mar 13, 2008.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Susan Sarandon! John Goodman! Christine Ricci! The Wachowski Brothers!

Speed Racer! An early May release, they must have high hopes for it (though I guess they're hedging their bets a little bit by releasing it well before Memorial Day -- the early momentum strategy).

<object width="400" height="327" id="uvp_fop"><param name="movie" value="http://l.yimg.com/cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/fop/embedflv/swf/fop.swf"></param><param name="flashVars" value="id=6941055&rd=eyc-off&ympsc=&postpanelEnable=1&prepanelEnable=1&infopanelEnable=1&carouselEnable=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed height="327" width="400" id="uvp_fop" allowscriptaccess="always" src="http://l.yimg.com/cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/fop/embedflv/swf/fop.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="id=6941055&rd=eyc-off&ympsc=&prepanelEnable=1&infopanelEnable=1"></embed></object>

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

ha HA!

3. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Luke, I am NOT your father!

Oh man, that looks so.......bad.

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Man, you are right!

Holy crap is that cheesy! Did they pull every cliche out of the book?

"These people play rough"

"He is going to be the best"

"That's why I am going with you..."

"Racing is all I know how to do...?"

"How can we stop them?"

Gah! Not even worthy of a rental.

5. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

ok wasn't the cartoon the same way?

6. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

The cartoon had some dignity, besides it was meant for 8 year olds. So we're going to try and flash back to that age by watching a cheezy movie?

What's next to be on the chopping block? Marine Boy, Astro Boy?

7. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Clearly a children's movie.

8. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Wow, I thought I caught a glimpse of the Mammoth Car in that clip. That was my favorite Speed Racer episode, because it was a two-parter. :)

SM

9. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Went to see this last night for date nate; it was Adam's choice, not mine. I wanted to see Prince Caspian. :)

That said, it wasn't a bad flick, if you remembered what it was: a live-action adaptation of an old anime series. The series was somewhat campy; so was the movie, to about the same extent. The movie stayed true to the basics of the series, as I recall them. The whole Racer family is there, as is Racer X, and plenty of campy villians.

Nicholas Elia was pretty rough during a couple of scenes, but he's a young kid.

If you're taking your kids, the violence is pretty comic, with the exception of two scenes with piranhas. They threaten one guy with haivng his face put in the tank with the piranhas. Then, during a gunfight, a bullet hits the boss's fish tank, and one guy has to put his finger in the hold to save the fish. You see him shaking and hear him screaming, and during a later fistfight, you see him with a bloody bandage on his finger. Adam seemed to handle that pretty well though; he's 10.

All in all, not a horrible way to spend 2 hours.

10. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

My kids are into the new cartoon series on Nick.