1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torchlight II only $4.95

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by ethics, Jul 18, 2013.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Have you played it? I've heard so many opinions of so many games during this sale, I can't remember which is which, but I think that this game gets generally positive reviews.

3. ethics

No, but I loved the first one and this one is much lighter than the weighted down D3.

4. ethics

Let's just say I wanted to take a peak after my purchase. Ended up not realizing it was 1AM. :p

5. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I bought it, too. I saw a post where somebody asked if it was better than Torchlight I and the response was that it was way better.

By the way, I completely forgot that I have Torchlight I. I got it for free (some promotion). My 10-year-old has played it and said it was "OK." So if II is that much better it might have something going for it.

6. ethics

It's a decent time waster. As all good games are. :)

7. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

FWIW this is "free" this weekend to try and on sale again for the ~$4 price.

I am years behind the curve with the steam store/sales and picked up a few things finally over the weekend, this and TL-I both for under $10 total, to start with after I fired up my old steam account to scratch my HalfLife 2 itch. (before I remembered how much I HATE zombies when I hit Ravenholmn)

This is a cute and fun little time waster indeed, reminds me a lot of the original Diablo, music and all. I'm currently slugging through in single player mode with an engineer and a pet ferret named Chester and am already at lvl 15.

Now if tehy would just put Portal/Portal2 on sale again I'd be set for months.

8. ethics

TL series is a lighter Diablo series. Diablo is dark and menacing. I also like the pets and such on TL.

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Couple of weeks in and I can't put this game down. Something about the entire combat system, quests, levelups and gear drops that make it... *gasp* enjoyable.
    Been a long time since I actually enjoyed a game like this. (D-III didn't even come close, and I'm letting my EvE sub expire again)
    Maybe it's because I play single player with no drama/griefing bullshit to deal with. I'm near the end of Act 3 with a lvl 50 Engineer, and everything I'm wearing is a drop save an epic shield and helmet I got from the gambler. Powering through dungeons blam-ing stuff with a 2 hand mace and he's unstoppable.

I picked up the entire Hitman -Agent 47 series on Steam sale for ~10 bucks too, I used to play a *cough* borrowed version of the original, I did a few missions again then started playing the Hitman Sniper Challenge for laughs and it's actually decent.

ethics likes this.