1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too much mail? Just shread it!

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by cdw, Jan 31, 2003.

1. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

INS (Again)

According to the federal indictment, Ms. Randall ordered her subordinates last January to count the number of unprocessed papers in the filing center. They reported that about 90,000 documents were waiting to be handled. In February, the government says, she ordered at least five night-shift workers to begin shredding many boxes of papers.

By the end of March, the backlog had been cut to zero, and Ms. Randall ordered her subordinates to continue destroying incoming paper to keep current, the government says.

Well, at least they are prosecuting and not just transfering them, lol. I guess THAT's an improvement!

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I am speechless!!!

3. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

yeah. I am on an alert list for reports about the INS. I'm trying to keep tabs on them because they suck.
    I remember when I worked for the local medicaid office here they were all back logged with claims. And I mean cartons and cartons of claims. They started shredding and then decided it was better to just over-ride the computers and put every claim through and pay it, regardless of validity, duplication or anything.
    I was amazed then.
    you would think, especially after 9/11, that the people in those positions, would not keep f*ckin' around. But, that is what is going to continually happen. People in important positions don't see them as important...it's just a job. They don't see the ramifications on the whole system. It's a shame. Truly a shame.

4. Valkyre

Valkyre Crazy Viking Woman

I just can't believe that she would go and do something like that and think that she wouldn't get caught.... I can't understand some people's logic sometimes. I hope there's more of this story in the future. I would sure like to hear her side.

5. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Wow so that's what happened to my IRS claim?!?