1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too early to call Hillary done?

Discussion in '2016 Election' started by ethics, Mar 9, 2015.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Because this looks like it may be?

JPEG_20150309_212621.jpg

2. eakes

eakes Registered User

No, she is not done. first, she is a Democrat and the media will not ride this incident very long. The majority of the population do not understand email and the role it plays in communication at the political level. That she set up a personal email server instead of using 'official' email will not be deemed very important among her voters. This is not a show stopper.

Second, she is a Clinton. They are totally tefloned to scandal - nothing is going to stick short of murder (and I am not positive that would stick either).

She may not get the nomination but it will be for some reason other than the 'email brouhaha'.

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

General Petraeus is getting crucified by his nads for using a free webmail account to communicate about one specific situation sans any encryption for classified docs, Withchiepoo here used her own private email server to communicate for her entire reign, sans encryption for tons of classified docs.. (Yeah, convince me she never touched one classified doc her entire time at State and I have a bridge to sell you)

Nope, nothing will happen to her, ever.

4. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Excerpt from today's WSJ web column:

Best of the Web: Caesar's Wipe
    Mrs. Clinton deleted thousands of emails.

By JAMES TARANTO
    Hillary Clinton’s big press conference this afternoon started off unpromisingly. “Just a minute,” Mrs. Clinton told the eager reporters. “Nick is calling on people.” Nick called on a guy who identified himself as being from “Turkish television.” We are not making up his question: “If you were a man today, would all of this fuss . . . be made?” She demurred—“Well, I will—I will leave that to others to answer.” One strongly suspects the question was a setup, designed to have someone else play the “gender card” on Mrs. Clinton’s behalf.

She probably should have waited, because it isn’t as if she had a lot of other cards to play, and eventually some reporters asked tough questions. Mrs. Clinton managed to advance the story, though not to her advantage. In her opening statement, she revealed that as she and her aides were selecting which emails to print out for the State Department archives, they deleted countless thousands of others: “At the end, I chose not to keep my private personal emails—emails about planning Chelsea’s wedding or my mother’s funeral arrangements, condolence notes to friends as well as yoga routines, family vacations, the other things you typically find in inboxes.”

A reporter remembered this and asked the obvious question: “How could the public be assured that when you deleted emails that were personal in nature, that you didn’t also delete emails that were professional, but possibly unflattering?”

That put her on the defensive: “Well first of all, you have to ask that question to every single federal employee.” The reporter didn’t have the presence of mind to interrupt and say, “OK, you first.” She let Mrs. Clinton stonewall at some length, as if it were reasonable to demand that mailmen and Amtrak conductors be held to the same standard as cabinet officers. But how about a compromise: ask every single federal employee who is running for president .

It’s quite possible that even the emails still exist; it’s unlikely that someone who claimed with a straight face that the server was secure because “it was on property guarded by the Secret Service” would have the technical savvy to erase the evidence irretrievably. Little wonder, then, that Mrs. Clinton insisted “the server will remain private.”

5. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

She will probably walk. The problem for anybody not wanting HC as president is the total inability of the Republicans to advance anybody with a chance of winning against her or almost any Democrat. My disgust with the Republicans and the Democrats is that they are not opposing new policies or initiatives based on the policy itself but on who first proposed it. If if is from the Dems the Reps are against it. There is no conversation, there is no dialog about compromise to serve the country, there is only attacks against all policies of the other party. The country is ill served by both parties and cannot survive unless this childish behavior is overcome and quickly. I have grown to hate reading and watching the news because none of it is positive behavior by our leaders.

ethics and tke711 like this.
  6. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Sorry, double post. Although it bears repeating :)

7. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

8. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Well, some seem to think Elizabeth Warren is the next candidate to float out there. She's a fucking nutbar. I don't think she could win anything.

ethics likes this.
  9. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Warren gives fiery, populist speeches that fire up her audience. A lot of Democrats might swoon over this, but in a general election she would be left-wing equivalent of a Tea Party zealot who claims that Obama is Kenyan and Muslim.

ethics likes this.
  10. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

See Bill! :D

One of Hillary Clinton’s Neighbors Adds Insult to Injury With This ‘For Sale’ Sign Near Her NY Home | TheBlaze.com

Allene and ethics like this.
  11. Allene

Allene Registered User

12. Greg

Greg Full Member

I see two ways this can play out: either she signed the document or she didn't.

If she signed the document saying she had turned over everything, she may be cooked.

If she didn't sign it because she got special treatment, then somebody else gets cooked.

Just one thing, any big shot pol has hundreds of people who are willing to fall on their swords to accept blame and shield their leader.

So when you get right down to it I agree with the rest. One way or another she will worm out of it.

13. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

:lolaway-5:

ShinyTop likes this.
  14. Allene

Allene Registered User