1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tom Daschle: A Caricature of Himself

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by drslash, Nov 21, 2002.

1. drslash

drslash It's all about the beer

Does anybody take Tom Daschle's comments seriously about talk radio and specifically about Rush Limbaugh? Daschle makes some claim about threats against him from listeners of Rush. Does Daschle have evidence to support this? Are there people in custody who have threatened Tom Daschle who have said that they listen to Rush and threatened him because of Rush? Has Tom Daschle contacted law enforcement about threats? Tom Daschle is making some huge leaps by accusing Rush of ginning up support for people to go out and threaten public officials. Does anybody actually believe that a threat to Tom Daschle was solely based by some one listening to Rush? Could some one who hates Tom Daschle also listen to Rush? Sure, but that person may also listen to Phil Donahue for that matter.

Rush Limbaugh is first and foremost an entertainer. He does what he does on his talk show to garner ratings and make money. There is no hate on his show. Rush may call some liberals morons or idiots but that is a far cry from inflaming hatred towards someone or some group of people.

I can only guess that Tom Daschle is trying to get some ratings for himself. IMO this is a strange way to get airtime.

2. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I was reading some articles on this topic this morning. To be honest, I just kept laughing.

Tom Daschle seemed to be blaming the Democratic Party's problems on conservative talk radio and more specifically on Rush. How ridiculous!!!

Whether a person agrees with anything said on talk radio or not, it's a bit of a stretch to blame them for the parties problems.

3. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

Daschle Story

This is the link to the story. You explained it well, but I think we need to read the story. :)

I question why anyone (a party) who is no longer in control would make up these stories.

I also question the people that listen to folks like Rush, in their wanting to believe what is said.

4. jamming

jamming Banned

Tom Daschle is one of those bad liberals, compared to -Ken, who is a plain liberal. Daschle and his Bad ilk believe if it is speech that opposes their point of view or beliefs, it must be hate speech.

5. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Personally, I think that conservative talk radio (Rush included) play a very important role in society.

For me, I read/listen to the mainstream media, talk radio, NPR, etc. in an attempt to get both sides of a given issue so I am better able to make up my own opinion.

6. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

hmmm then what kind of liberal would I be?

7. jamming

jamming Banned

You are an Enchanted Liberal, btdude.:thumbsup: :happy:

8. Pyrion

Pyrion Liquid Metal Nanomorph

Tom Dasshole? I didn't even bother with more than five minutes of his "farewell speech". He sounded like he was ranting in a crybaby-like fashion. :)

9. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Rush has his liberal counterpart, Michael Moore. Both are yellow journalists telling a small percentage of the story in order to gain sales of their books, etc. The frightening part is the number of people who believe either speaks nothing but the truth.

10. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

You're somewhere between a flaming liberal and a fairy liberal. You also have some bitchy queenish liberalism going on.

11. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

Scuse me? Don't even try to paint me as a wishy washy girly faggot, Deary! If you wanna go, let's go in private messages. Don't do it all here, where you will be severely red faced. If you are pissed at me, fine. Don't bring it in here for all to have to put up with.

12. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

Btdude, judging by your reaction to one of Atilla's posts and now mine, I have to say that you sometimes misinterpret the meaning of people's posts. I'm sorry if I forgot to add a few smileys to the end of my post, but it was written purely in jest. My partner and I playfully accuse each other of being a queen, femmy, a bitch, etc. I thought that our relationship in here was similar to that. If you don't want me to joke around with you, just tell me and I'll stop. I've called you my whore in other posts, and you joked along with me.

Was your post serious or am I guilty of overreacting as well? :huh:

13. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

RED:

I don't mind at all. I called you a Queen in another post, and THAT was truly in jest. You just did not sound like YOU in this particular one. This one had some sting to it, that only another gay man would notice. I probably deserve a little of it, I admit. But you got bent too.

SO No, do not stop posting the way you normally do.

BTW I believe that ALL OF US sometimes misinterpret what others say in here.

14. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

Agreed. That's why I usually assume the best from people's posts and not thw worst. Of course, you tend to get used to people's writing style and their personalities. There was no sting implied by my post at all. Quit being such a drama queen. :)

15. btdude/RRedline...I was about to kick this bickering over to UiF, but I see you two kissed and made up. :)

16. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

For some reason, Michael Moore scares me more than Rush. Rush has always seemed to be kind of a...well, joke to me.

Moore is a bit crazy, I think.

Daschle, however, is just pernicious, like Dole was when Clinton was in the house.

SM

17. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

INHO,

The dems need to get their own talk show host.

Perfect host would be Barbara Streisand.

Nothing like turning the radio for the B.S. Hour with Barbara Streisand.

18. mike

mike mesmerized

Speaking of Daschle...

19. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah, gotta' love that Photo Shop software.

20. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Wasn't Bill Clinton mentioned about doing a talk show. Maybe we could just have the Bill and Hilary at home show, like those Ozzie and Anna messes. Wouldn't that be fun.