1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tom Cruise feels his job as an actor is comparable to "fighting in Afghanistan."

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Nov 13, 2013.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Mark Wahlberg has a reply.. /.

tke711 likes this.
  2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Btw.. the movie Wahlberg is there to talk about..

Lone Survivor

Based on the book of the same name of the true story of Marcus Luttrell.

BIG props for Wahlberg getting this made in today's anti-military Hollyweird.

ethics likes this.
  4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

5. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Yeah, despite everything, Cruise is pretty smart. He wouldn't say that kind of shit under usual circumstances.

6. ethics

Sorry while it wasn't literal, if he WAS, in fact smart, he would use another example to prove his point.

7. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Apparently, he never made the comparison in the first place.

8. Allene

Allene Registered User

9. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

What is sad is that most in the country were quite ready to believe Tom Cruise would say that.

10. Greg

Greg Full Member

Is Tom Cruise smart? I have just one thing to say: Scientology. And let's remember that its founder L. Ron Hubbard was well known for writing science fiction before he founded Scientology. I often imagine him laughing if there is any place we go after we die and get to see what happened after we departed. I may be wrong but I believe Hubbard started Scientology as a lark (thinking the best) or as a scam or hoax (thinking the worst). I believe that anybody who believes that stuff and is all the way "clear" is all the way hoaxed and milked. It's great to think of all the Hollywood types who believe in it--the same people most of the US voters admire for their (liberal) political opinions: part of the reason why US is so screwed up when we look to Hollywood actors for political advice.

By the way, I read most of their book before I tossed it in the trash. If you haven't read their book (or at least part of it) you should, just to understand how f***ed up they are.

Have I said too much yet? Well anyway I'm tired of typing. :)

11. ethics

Interesting.