1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tokyo War Crimes

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Swamp Fox, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

I just saw the movie about the Tokyo War Crimes Trials, partly inspired by the book written by Tojo's daughter. This movie, and, apparently, the book, tried to portray the General as a sensitive family man, while the victors were insensitive boors. And, of course, it tried to insinuate that the Japanese were fighting for Asian independance from White colonialism.

Well, maybe he was a family devoted and all that, but that movie failed even to mention the brutalities of the Japanese. As you know, I was doing extensive research into the Second Sino-Japanese War, and I know that the Nanjing Massacre was not the last atrocity in that theatre. After that, as they advance inland - further away from the cameras of the world, they continued their crimes, and, in fact, they even committed acts of bestiality against the farm animals.

As for their claim to be fighting for Asian independance, perhaps they should ask why the Filipinos supported the Americans on their return, or the Malays and Singaporean Chinese cheered the British on theirs. In fact, these revisionists should ask why, when the PM of Japan visited Indonesia in the 1970's, he sparked riots.

Last, but certainly not least, American occupation was the best thing to happen to them. MacArthur instituted land reform, which meant that peasants for the first time could own their own plots, as well as ensuring that women had rights. And, of course, he broke the power of the military, so the population could have greater say in their future.

2. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

What's the name of the movie, Stan?

SM

3. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member