1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Titan

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I mean, look at this... We all got together to go kill "the courier", remember that? Els tanked that... We got together to go get Braz's Batman helmet, and he would wear it proudly around Orgrimmar. We all got together to go do the healer quest for the Benediction, and assisted each other. What a ride... Fun times. I remember we piggybacked Leon through that instance, what was the name, Hakkar the final boss? Zul Gurub... He was playing more casual then, but we got together and blew that place apart. Stratholme runs... What an instance. WOW isn't nearly that innovative now.

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I miss Scholomance and Stratholme. When the former was a 10-man instance it was loads of fun.

Heck, all of those old dungeons, even the lower level ones - Scarlet Monastery, Shadowfang Keep, etc.

ethics likes this.
  3. Copzilla

WOW was very balanced then, and still required player interaction, not just queue up for an instance, poof you're in, loot.

Even Burning Crusade kept that balance and interaction. LK, not so much, and definitely not Pandaland.

But yeah, vanilla WOW was a thing of beauty. Greatest moments...

Going with Braz into Scholo and getting his batman helm.

First timed run win in Stratholme. What a healer rush. Throw hots on the tank, start drinking, pull, throw spells only when your tank is about to croak, pop a mana pot, start drinking again, run to catch up, hot, drink, pull, rinse repeat.

First kill of Majordomo with EoT, I got the Benediction token. Was supposed to go to Cazemaru, but he didn't make that raid for some personal reason.

First kill of Ragnaros with EoT. He just wasn't dying fast enough. I remember I suggested that he wasn't getting sent down with a full load of dots, so I said dot him up like Onyxia for submersion. Everybody, even healers. Next attempt, dead.

Taking down Nefarian with EoT the day before BC released. We potted up, every buff under the sun. Didn't even seem hard after that... I remember we sent every single person after Nefarian's adds, except Usun tanking the boss and me healing him, as opposed to our failed strat of just the AOEers and a couple tanks going to the adds. The adds blew up like fast, everyone survived, back on the boss.

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Now you made me miss that time even more. :(

5. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

My favorite? When Braz announced he was going to commit suicide in Stormwind and Copz, Andy and myself decided to tag along. I still get the giggles thinking about that night.

6. Copzilla

How about that time we did the world PvP at the gates of Plagueland? Where that base is of horde quest givers, they were always getting attacked, and we showed up and wtfpwned those alliance pricks. I don't remember who all was there, but I'm pretty sure Gillo was there, and a number more of us.

7. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

To those I would add the first kill of the first boss in Blackwing Lair. We lost all of our tanks and one of our rogues evade tanked.

8. Copzilla

Yeah, I remember that. That boss was a pain in the ass. And that boss before Nefarian, the debuff throwing puppy, where we had to stand behind a wall, keep out of LOS. I remember I had to have abdominal surgery the next morning, and I was out of commission when we were on that boss, and you guys needed me to come in and sit in anyway, so you asked Samwitch to have me step in just for a minute. So I came in just for that boss and we got the kill, and I was gone. A couple weeks later, while I was on leave of medical absence from work, we killed Nefarian and BC released. I spent my recuperation time leveling up a paladin, the one who became my new main, Achalyn.

9. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

That was just you and me. Would have loved to have seen the look on their faces when you popped the heal on the Baron and I stun locked their priest. :D

10. Copzilla

LOL! That was it! I started healing the Baron and he wasn't dying, and you locked up their priest and they had no heals at all. So Baron is running around kicking ass and wiped them, but they tried to take us out first and I popped a fear and they scattered. We just kind of sat there by him after they came back and rezzed, and we were pointing and laughing at them.

11. Copzilla

And remember how the alliance used to love to flag up and taunt us in world scenarios?

What was that big Egyptian thing that used to spawn outside of Silithus? That boss we went and pulled one time just for the hilarity of it? I remember Ethics doing that, and we all just laughed how this boss pounded us.

Once an alliance raid gathered for that and Samwitch and I were standing around, just wanting to watch the show. So a number of alliance flagged up and started acting all that, taunting us, with 40 of their buddies of course. So they're buffing each other and of course they all flag from that, and then they pull the boss.

So I go into their group of healers, flag and pop a mass fear. Samwitch Deathcoils their main tank, with no heals and his back to the boss, no shield modifiers, he dies just instantly. So then this boss goes apeshit and wipes their whole raid. We get our asses kicked, but it was SO worth it. We ghost run and wait out the flag, and this alliance raid is all mad at us, we were laughing at all of them.

ethics likes this.