1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to Write (illegal immigration)

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ShinyTop, May 17, 2007.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

You take words, straight from Politicians mouths and stick it to other people? Why take his and not, for example, Hillary Clinton's? Is it because you agree with his agenda (and that's all it is).

2. drntdrtydg

drntdrtydg Registered User

I live in the "agenda". A 3 county area becoming indistinguishable from any Latin American city.
    Sacrificed chickens strewn on streets. Overcrowded apartment building full of violent thugs. Gangbanging Latinos cruising by with tricked out cars-all with various flags of other nations. The constant chatter of Spanish. Goverment positions of every stripe dominated by Latinos. Americans selling their homes and moving away. Why would I not object to such a cultural transformation of my country?

3. ethics

You are going about it the wrong way then.

4. drntdrtydg

Well, from what I've gathered most people here agree with the basic premise that illegal immigration should be stopped-so I'm preaching to the choir. You'll be happy to know I've joined a couple of political action groups and am going to stop preaching to the choir so to speak since the tone of some of the links annoys your sensibilities.

Me, I just watch know the tone of having to evaluate every car passing my house for hostile thugs of Latino descent doesn't annoy my sensibilities, it enrages me that I can't live in the kind of peace I knew before.

Why stay you might ask?

Well, in all fairness there is a huge collection of galleries for instance with latino painters of the highest caliber. There are the restaurants of many different nations. The music. I enjoy a lot of the cultural variety-cities like this can add to the nation. But it's like any spice. If you dump two inches of it all over your plate the meal is ruined.

5. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

There is a huge, huge, HUGE difference between being against illegal immigration and the attitude of cultural hate that your posts possess. Please do not ever, EVER, include me in any group that so spews hatred.

Your level of bile may or may not be justified but it is close to making me reconsider my own position in the fear that others may think I share your fear.

Leon, if a thread starter has any bearing on when a thread has run its course I request you lock this thread. Let DDD make his posts in threads he starts.

6. Arc

Arc Full Member

I only speak to the physical environment that Dante speaks about as it applies to the greater LA area and not to his personal or emotional reaction to it or his state of mind, (whatever it may be.) What he physically describes is highly accurate in many areas of Southern California.

Regarding his statistics....I strongly suspect that OVERALL in MOST areas they are closer to being true and accurate as opposed to be way off.

One thing for sure in MY mind. You have to live it and be exposed to it to understand the level of it. Even the most intellectually enlighten and good will people who are not living in areas that are physically overrun with illegal immigration and more accurately also impacted by the direct results of illegal immigration which can even include legal folks born to illegal who are now grown up adolescents or young adults but in their environment failed to obtain an adequate education and parental guidance for which they pay a personal price for and that in turn affects all who live in close proximity to them including in some cases their children.

And it is true that more and more jobs both private and public that are "posted" for applicants give a big preference to bi-lingual applicants especially with Spanish as the second language. (In Southern California)

7. drntdrtydg

If your so fearless of these wuvy dovey new immigrants do take a walk through one of their neighborhoods sometimes. I taught in those places-don't tell me about fear and hatred. There was gunfire heard at every school i taught at but one. I've seen police vehicles riddled with bullets outside my school. Thats what your bequathing to your grandchildren. I'm sure they'll thank you.

8. drntdrtydg

I lived in South Florida for 20 years because I enjoyed the nicer qualities of the South American Art galleries the languages etc etc etc. When I say American culture was superior to the culture of Italy that my great grandfather on my Dads side fled does that mean I hate Italians? No, it means I can call a spade a spade. As a whole the society was grossly inferior on a huge number of economic scientific political social...on and on markers. So do I hate Italian culture??? Where is your logic? Look at the societies dispassionately-we can't possibly absorbe so many millions more of their uneducated restless anti-american young men and remain what we have been. We will become East LA United States of America.

9. Arc

Arc Full Member

Simply adding an observation: Shiny's suggestion sounds like a good idea to me too.

10. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I am bequeathing what? Because I believe in the law and using the law? No, and now you must demonize me and my viewpoint as the same as McCain-Kennedy when it is clearly not. Have I once defended the behavior you talk about? You are not hear to reason but to poison the well with hatred. I have watched it about Hispanics and about women.

And then you throw a bone as with honoring Hispanic art. Sounds suspiciously like other racists attempts to deny their racism.

11. drntdrtydg

Good god in heaven thats nonsense-they Hatred for Americans is spewing at us and if we get mad about it and point out the HUGE problems with their society and their behavior...we're racists. Bull. When I taught their children I cared for them as much as human beings as any body elses. I certainly love women-just not feminist whack jobs intent on destroying manhood like these anti-Americans are intent on destroying my race. Have you even looked at those La Raza sites I posted? Don't you get it? These people HATE us, and they're using our own virtues against us.

12. drntdrtydg

Lets drop it please. I respect you even if I don't agree with you. And I spent years with Hispanic painters and was hugely inflenced by their work. The following painting I did is entitled "Mexiican nocturnes"
    View attachment 1764

13. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

What happened around here to "attack the post, not the poster". Don is posting his OPINIONS folks. Everybody is slamming him because they don't like his opinions. Even pulling things into UIF so there can be a group beat down. They are just opinions, just links.

I don't agree with all he's posted, but he's entitled to do so without being called _________________ (fill in the blank).

Man, I'm going through the threads tonight and all the high and mighty are getting off beating someone up for mere opinions.

OK Leon, here's where you come in and tell me not to be so preachy. ;) (Which I will disregard as usual.....)

1 person likes this.
  14. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

This type of attitude is simply wrong:

'If capital can move freely, so should labor.'

Any country has the right to control entry into its borders, what really gets me absolutely outraged is not only the sight of illegal immigrants demanding rights, asserting that they should get priority over those who have obeyed the law and followed the system but also our politicians who took oaths to uphold our Constitution, our laws, and our defense- they are busy tearing down borders between Mexico, the United States, and Canada.

Check this little piece of treason out:

http://www.awakeandarise.org/article/Borders.htm

I will be damned if this country is going to become either Mexico North or Canada South.

There is a very interesting article in the recent issue of Readers Digest that says that it might be possible for a member of the boomer generation today with diet and other advances in medicine to live to 150 years and have them be productive years. That the grandchildren of todays parents as long as they can beat the obesity problem are almost certain to live to that age.

While this will certainly mean societal changes, it will also mean that there may be some living today who will see the Second American Civil War fought not over states rights and slavery rather the fight will be over sovereignty and freedom to choose national destiny.

To those who say it is impossible given a modern military, I remind them that soldiers take an oath to defend the Constitution and not the mendacious politicians who hold the office.

15. mikeky

mikeky Member

I think this thread has long run it's course, but will risk asking this question anyway. Is it that easy to tell neighborhoods full of "illegals" from neighborhoods full of citizens that may be of the same cultural background? On the surface, seems it would be hard.

16. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

When you live and work in it every day it's pretty easy. Of course you can't just generalize and say they are illegal. But in general I can tell if a family has illegals in it or not.

INS should hire me! :happy:

la migra fiona

fiona la migra or sumpin

17. drntdrtydg

I can tell you what part of South or central America or the Caribbean a person is is from very often at a glance. Evein in Mexico the tribal "looks" are still identifiable. I may not be right on the money all the time but a Guatamalan will have a certain set to the cheek bones or a way of carrying themselves quite distinct from someone from Say Northern Mexico..the South Americans have different degrees of intermixing European and native blood (generally the less intermixture the higher up the economic and social scale...you'll only meet the really white ones at board meetings or art openings and they won't be illegal they'll just be here buying property) often illegals are on bikes as many come from villages where homes are made of stacked stones and gathered logs with some tin perhaps for a roof, you can tell by their clothes as well if they're from the region around Mexico city ( more "name' brands and soccer themes etc on their T-shirts) and opposed to plain t-shirts...or the villages-very often they have their wives and children with them and the wives will still wear traditional village dress here in America (those groups tend to be even shorter and stockier)

.....yeah you can tell a lot. If they're in tricked out cars gangbanging they're probobly second generation and Americanized to all the negative aspects of our culture. Just like an American might be able to recognize a New Yorker from a Texan in about a minute, same thing here. Huge variation in all manner of ways.

Another thing to remember is many of these places have not had the level of intermarrying common in America since day one and broad swaths of genotypes that have existed in various regions for millennia are still there.

Also, I've moved my discussion in the post to elsewhere because of some of the personal issues addressed to me.

18. ethics

19. Arc

Arc Full Member

Yes, and why this bill is dead for now is why the Dems want to bring back the Fairness Doctrine and apply it to talk radio!

But the Amnesty Bill is dead. And of all the many crappy provisions of it you all can guess the one I personally would NEVER support. There is no way that if you have entered this country as an illegal that you are EVER going to get citizenship. To even be eligible you have to leave and reenter legally.

Finally, really...this bill and all or any bills they pass will never be any good because ultimately no matter what passes, even something everybody says has good provisions in it, we simply cannot and will not to what is necessary to ENFORCE those provisions at a successful level. Can't do it. Won't do it.

20. Sacchiridites

Sacchiridites Banned

I LOVE fly by's! Boys, leave him alone, how's he gonna learn ANYTHING? (No, I didn't read the whole danged thing...yet) :p
    Blissfully ignorant in my OWN way,
    Cie