1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to Write (illegal immigration)

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ShinyTop, May 17, 2007.

1. drntdrtydg

drntdrtydg Registered User

I am paranoid. But it's kept me alive through some of the grimest places where most little white boys would have been toast. The America we take for granted is the most unlikely and impossible confluence of impossibilites made real in the entire history of the human race. When Jefferson wrote "all men are created equal" the laughter through the Aristocratic halls of Europe must have shook the walls. The current multiculturalism and race identity politics buttressing this amnesty bill wipes that notion on its ass.

M&M's-Muslims and Mexicans. The greatest threat to Americas existence.One brings religious chauvanism and violence, the other a racial identity politics that uses our own virtues-the vote and tolerance-to dissempower us politically and take physical possession of the land.

I may be paranoid, but they are out to get us.
    View attachment 1702

2. Arc

Arc Full Member

In Mexico I deal with Mexican trucks on a Highway 3 between Ensenada and Tecate all the time. It is a NARROW two lane highway with little or no shoulder in most places. It is about 65 miles of adventure. I have topped 110 MPH in passing a string of Mexican 18 wheelers and let me tell you my biggest fear was that the trucks might "fall over" on me so crummy is their condition compared to US big rigs. Heck I can spot whether a big rig is US or Mexican from literally a mile away on the straight stretches of the highway.

Along that same highway there are here and there a steady stream of roadside crosses/memorials and the greatest factor or variable in the accidents that took lives are the Mexican trucks.

NAFTA sucks.

3. drntdrtydg

I heard from drivers who were saying it's really not safe down there at all-that trrucks are constantly getting hijacked.

4. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Have you ever seen the "Intercalifornia" buses which travel from Salinas down south into Baja and back so the folks can get to see their relatives in the old country? Boy are they some old buses. I think I used to ride the same ones to elementary school in the 60s.

5. drntdrtydg

Teddy bears! Here's a whole bunch of WTF? Nowhere is law addressed. Just the presumption of the right to be here.

6. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Jeez...scary trucks and buses :(

7. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

The Mexican governments helping its citizens live in the United States illegally.
    :holyshit: Are you kidding me!? I had no idea. I am sure I am late to the gate on this, but I haven't followed this entire thread. My apologies if it's already been discussed.

Let's just return the territory back to Mexico, mmmk!?

8. drntdrtydg

“This is like the birth of a community,” Mr. Chao said, driving around town and pointing at the number of businesses catering to immigrants.

.....it's also like the death of another community: the community of Americans who had a representative Government responsible to them.

9. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

good morning, Dear! Here's your coffee. Danish? ;)

10. Domh

Domh Full Member

That community committed sipiku a very long time ago.

:whistle:

11. drntdrtydg

God, let's hope not; but you may be on the money there. I've become frightfully concerned the cultural engrams we've played with have gone too far and the disintegration of our culture is irretrievable. Congress and the two parties may find though that 300 million Americans of all manner of stripes (moderate liberals, certainly conservatives, blacks-under durress the most from illegals taking work, and poeple usually politically inactive) are waking up angry and en masse to this mess and it could be the start of something big-a renewed insistence for a government that listens to us.

12. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

That's some shit huh? And we're letting it happen. Pathetic. :shake:

13. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

It's not too late. Apathy serves only our enemies.

14. Domh

Domh Full Member

It is too late. Remember... it is better to have your enemies inside your tent pissing out than outside your tent pissing in.

15. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Someone must have been reading this thread.

Capitalism, it turns out, relies on an invisible web of trust, institutional practice, and cultural capital in the form of tacit knowlege and norms about market transactions. These don't simply blossom overnight once you remove the legal obstacles to implementing free markets. Rather, like any exotic bloom, they must be carefully nurtured in fertile soil.

America could almost certainly take more immigrants than it does now without noticeable economic or social effects; so too could many European countries, if they found better ways of integrating the newcomers. (Though to be sure, this may not be culturally easy, or even possible; America is uniquely a nation of extremely diverse immigrants.) But that doesn't mean they could integrate everyone who wants to come, since everyone who wants to come seems to be . . . practically everyone.

America or Europe could easily be demographically swamped if even a fraction of the world's five billion other citizens headed for the West. The physical infrastructure of buildings and roads is not up to a sudden massive increase in population, much less the government institutions. And there is the danger that admitting too many people from countries lacking the cultural capital of capitalism could overwhelm the local culture's ability to assimilate them, destroying the very prosperity they came to seek.

How many is too many? Well, the foriegn-born population of America peaked around 1890 at about 15%. Looking around me, I see that almost no one seems to be speaking Czech, Italian, Polish or Yiddish, or even English with a crusty Irish brogue, so I presume they were all assimilated adequately.

Currently, America's foreign-born population is about 10%. This suggests that America could increase its immigration by 50% without destroying its prosperity machine.

16. drntdrtydg

Do we really need them?

From a historical perspective, this percentage of teenagers out of the workforce is close to the highest rate since the Labor Department started keeping such statistics in 1948. By contrast, in February 1979, only 47 percent of teenagers were out of the workforce. And, at that time, 44 percent of the teenaged population over the age of fifteen had jobs......What are the numbers? Well, in February of this year, only 34.5 percent of people aged sixteen through nineteen were employed. Now, this doesn't mean the unemployment rate in this demographic was 65.5 percent. Instead, the problem is that only 41 percent of folks this age were considered part of the workforce. -American thinker.

I think not. In fact, human labor of this sort (cheap, unskilled, no benefits, little legal recourse to redress) is damn near slavery and simply lowers the standard of reward for work and discourages automation.

As for the MSM, there might be poetic justice in the coming years in Amexica.

17. drntdrtydg

Here is an interesting page with statistics that indicate 12 Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens.

While King reports 12 Americans are murdered daily by illegal aliens, he says 13 are killed by drunk illegal alien drivers – for another annual death toll of 4,745. That's 23,725 since Sept. 11, 2001.

• The 55,322 illegal aliens studied represented a total of 459,614 arrests – some eight arrests per illegal alien;
    • Their arrests represented a total of about 700,000 criminal offenses – some 13 offenses per illegal alien;
    • 36 percent had been arrested at least five times before.

18. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Good God, will you lay off already? JHC, and the bs links continue!

Well, thanks for that, but I liked the other Stephen King a lot more. There was less fiction in his books.

19. drntdrtydg

• Former Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo made a de facto declaration of war on the U.S.
    • The Mexican government helped quash an immigration measure passed by the people of California.
    • A fifth column of subversives is plotting to recolonize the United States.
    • Mexican officials prepare citizens to invade the U.S.
    • Mexican anti-Americanism revealed itself after the Sept. 11 attack.
    • Immigrants in the U.S. are encouraged to vote in the interests of Mexico.
    • U.S. policies ultimately are leading to a breakup of the country.

by Voice of Citizens Together/American Patrol. 48 minutes. DVD

I've been laughed at concerning my current focus on this issue; but I've spent 20 some years living in an American city overwhelmed by massive immigration. One Miami and one LA America can deal with, but when all of our cities become like this we can kiss our way of life goodby. Is it so hard to believe these people are more than fringe groups? Beleive me when these "fringe groups" speak 20 million illegals are going to listen. In ten or 20 years when it's 50 million able bodied Mexicans, Mexifornia will have expanded to be be Meximerica.

20. drntdrtydg

.......according to statistics released by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa. Maybe you need to spend a little more time in Miami and LA rather than New York because IMO they are what we are bequeathing to our grandchildren.