1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to Write (illegal immigration)

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ShinyTop, May 17, 2007.

1. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

your Congress critters and Senators. A compromisehas been reached. Ya, a compromise that will make the 12 million illegals legal.

A compromise. What? Wonder what the precompromise position was, give them legal status and a million dollars each?

Time to write. Mine are going to know this is a no shit you lose my vote if you vote to enable this compromise act. An absolute, no discussion.

Damn morons, unless we speak strongly and vote them all out nobody will be convinced we want to be heard and protected.

2. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

Watch those "we"s, Shiny! ;)

I'm going to need to read more about it. It's definitely not perfect--that provision about family connections not being good enough for a green card is particularly hideous--but it's a very good step.

From how it looks now, I'll be writing my representative and both Senators expressing my strong support for this bill.

3. ravital

ravital Banned

[General reply to thread]

After reading the story, it's impossible to understand exactly what has been agreed upon - heads of household must first leave, but they can stay if they get a probationary card, guest workers can get on a path to citizenship, but they can't gfet on that path because they'll be forced to go back home after a max-2 year stint? Maybe we should attract immigrant journalists, if there are any left anywhere, who can report something clearly instead of quickly?

4. ShinyTop

By "we" I meant, of course, all right thinking Americans with gun racks and a pissing child on the back window of their pikemup trucks.:)

5. USCitizenRights

USCitizenRights Registered User

USCitizensRights.org <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Illegal Immigration Fact Report Vol. BB No. 1<o:p></o:p>
    Washington DC Edition<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    5/18/2007<o:p></o:p>
    Dear American Citizen:
    USCitizensRights.org is a national organization seeking to preserve, defend, and protect the constitutional rights of American citizens, who face threats and assaults against their wages, jobs, security, and rights, from Illegal Immigration. We reject the Kennedy-McCain Amnesty Bill, and petition the lawmakers of the US Congress to enforce US immigration law, and highlight the facts below to show why immigration law must be enforced by the US federal government. <o:p></o:p>
    Facts of Illegal Immigration <o:p></o:p>
    · The Amnesty Bill announced on May 17, 2007, by Senators Kennedy and McCain will lead to an influx of terrorists.<o:p></o:p>
    · The Kennedy McCain amnesty bill is a racist bill that will reengineer the demographics of America, and cut into the very existence of its European-American population
    · Between 2000 and 2004, 2.3 million native born Americans lost jobs in the US. At the same time, 2.3 million immigrants gained jobs in the US, and out of that number, 1.3 million were Illegal Immigrants, according to the Center for Immigration Studies. <o:p></o:p>
    · Three of the six terror plotters in Ft Dix, New Jersey, are illegal immigrants!<o:p></o:p>
    · Six of the hijackers on 9/11/2001 were in the US illegally on bogus documents<o:p></o:p>
    · Terror organizations like Hamas and Al Qaeda are known to have entered the US from the Mexican border <o:p></o:p>
    · Illegal aliens in the US account for 30% of the population of federal prisons in 2007; illegal aliens committed over 15% of murders in 2006.<o:p></o:p>
    · Over 650,000 illegal aliens facing felony charges in the US have defaulted on their scheduled court dates. <o:p></o:p>
    · Go to www.uscitizensrights.org to read a list of 100 reasons why Amnesty is a Bad Deal for America!<o:p></o:p>
    Time to Act

Stop the Amnesty Bill from being pushed down the throats of Americans by the liars Kennedy, McCain, Specter, Reid, Feinstein,
    State budget emergencies in Rhode Island, New York, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, California, and other states means it is time for legislators to cut back on government spending that ends up in the hands of Illegal Immigrants and their dependents. The federal government must lead in the fight against illegal immigration. George Bush must lead in the war on terror, and he must stop illegal immigrants from entering the US/<o:p></o:p>
    Now is the time to stop the madness of inviting people from all over the world to come to the United States, indiscriminately, to be supported by the citizens and taxpayers.<o:p></o:p>
    USCitizensRights.org offers a wealth of research, information, editorials, columns, news and statistics on the costs and the problems of Illegal Immigration in the US. Check it out at www.uscitizensrights.org <o:p></o:p>
    Go to www.uscitizensrights.org to read a list of 100 reasons why amnesty is a bad deal for America!<o:p></o:p>
    Check out the USCR SOLUTION to Illegal Immigration at www.uscitizensrights.com. The solution calls for an International Employee Tax, and deportations, to level the playing field between low-cost foreign workers and American workers. <o:p></o:p>
    Call the US headquarters of<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","USCitizensRights.org to find out how you can help save Rhode Island taxpayers from either having to move out of RI, or going financially bankrupt. Call 401 374-2011 and do the right thing now for the citizens and the taxpayers of Rhode Island! \n\u003c/p\>\n\u003cp\>Best regards,\u003c/p\>\n\u003cp\>Paul Tarullo\u003c/p\>\n\u003cp\>Executive Director\u003c/p\>\n\u003cp\>\u003ca href\u003d\"http://www.uscitizensrights.org\" target\u003d\"_blank\" onclick\u003d\"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)\"\>www.uscitizensrights.org\u003c/a\>\u003c/p\>\u003c/font\>",1]);D(["mb","\u003cspan class\u003dsg\>\u003cbr\>-- \u003cbr\>Paul Tarullo\u003cbr\>USCitizensRights.org \n\u003c/span\>",0]);D(["ce"]);//--></SCRIPT> USCitizensRights.org to find out how you can contribute your time and help to save US taxpayers from the disaster of going financially bankrupt. Call USCR at 401 374-2011 to find out what you can do help the citizens and the taxpayers of America! <o:p></o:p>
    Best regards,<o:p></o:p>
    Paul Tarullo<o:p></o:p>
    Executive Director<o:p></o:p>
    www.uscitizensrights.org<o:p></o:p>

--
    Paul Tarullo
    USCitizensRights.org<o:p></o:p>

6. joseftu

Ah, of course!
    All of us! :)

We (and there I do mean all of us) definitely need more detail--the agreement's still only a few hours old. By tomorrow we'll have a clearer look...and probably those who are condemning it now will condemn it even more strongly, and those who are supporting it will support it more strongly. :)

7. joseftu

"USCitizenRights" I'm not sure who you are, really, or if you intend to be a real member of this forum. If so, welcome.

And if so, you're going to have to do a hell of a lot better than this.

I don't really have time for a thorough fisking, and I'm sure we have some members who will agree with some of what you've posted here--but there are a few glaring problems.

It will? You know that? How do you know that? If you have such incredible foresight, able to predict the future before the bill is even passed--or even presented for a vote, maybe we should turn homeland security over to you.

Kidding aside, how about some reasons, some explanation of why you're so certain. Extreme claims need at least some evidence--you haven't provided any.<o:p></o:p>

I really hate to say it, but this is a dead giveaway. This is racist, white supremacist in the extreme. And I guess it shows what you're really afraid of.<o:p></o:p>
    And all of this happened without the provisions of the currently proposed bill. And the current bill specifically strengthens border security and tracking of immigration status. <o:p></o:p>

Can't speak for the other states, but this is a blatant lie when it comes to New York. New York state is far from a "budget emergency"--the state ended the last fiscal year with a large budget surplus.

8. Sarge

Sarge Texas Resident Alien

Joe, just take a look at Mr. Tarullo's website and you'll see his true nature.
    http://uscitizensrights.org/culture

• Illegal immigrants are destroying the culture of the US.
    • Workplaces that amplify spoken Spanish create mistrust and confusion for workers already working there for years.
    • Eliminate illegal immigration, and you will eliminate 80% of the supply of marijuana, cocaine, and pills.
    • Once the illegal immigrants are prevented from flipping burgers at the mall, cutting lawns in the neighborhood, and taking other jobs that high school students have always had, then the students will finally have a chance to leave drug dealing, and turn their attention to their studies and part-time employment.
    • Illegal aliens also create unsightly living environments.
    • Illegal immigrants represent a tremendous problem for the English language, the protection of our borders, and the consistency of American culture.
    • The erosion of traditional, classic, and original values and traditions is watering down the goodness of the American culture. The massive influx of illegal aliens down Main Street USA is causing a diffusion of American culture.

Looks like fear-mongering to me.

9. eakes

eakes Registered User

The proposed legislation is truly a waste of time. It is nothing more than 'feel good' "we've done something about illegal immigration" legislation. It will do little, if anything to solve the problem.

For a program such as this to work it must rely heavily on voluntary compliance. The fees, penalities, and 'go home' requirements dictate than few will take advantage of the 'opportunity'. Whether this particular piece of legislation passes or not it will be business as usual on the illegal immigration front.

There are a few things concerning illegal immigrants that will NEVER HAPPEN:
    1. Mass deportation
    2. Effectively guard the border
    3. Fines for any significent number of employers

Either of these 'procedures' will require a large commitment of resources to accomplish. There is no political entity whether Democrat, Republican, Libertarian or whatever, that will commit those resources.

We need some honest politicians who will explain the facts to the electorate indicating clearly what can and cannot be done. Until those folks appear it seems we are destined to be plagued by more do nothing legislation (such as this proposal) on illegal immigration and what to do about it.

10. joseftu

Thanks, Sarge. That spells it out mighty clearly, doesn't it.
    :shake:

11. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, we need honest politicians alright. We need politicians who have the balls to enforce the laws of this country and do what needs to be done. That is not telling millions of individuals that because you broke the law, we're going to make you a citizen. That is not allowing even more to come in because they now know our government doesn't have the backbone to stand up and do what's needed to be done for decades.

No citizenship. No handholding. No "deals" that allow those that are here illegally to stay. They ALL need to get the hell out, apply legally, and go from there. If they have a problem with that, fire up the planes and busses.

12. ravital

ravital Banned

This is indeed a dead giveaway. It's racist. Probably white supremacist. Not at all in the extreme, you've seen much worse than this and you know it. Please, strident rhetoric on one side, strident rhetoric on the other, I don't know the difference.

I am always suspicious of anyone presenting "Facts about illegal immigration" with such fanfare. Nonetheless, this thread was started with the intention, if I read it right, of informing us, as well as possible at this early and cloudy stage, of the compromise and the bill, and urge us to write congress if we so desire. As such, Mr. Tarullo's post, racist rhetoric aside, is every bit as legitimate as your post informing us of your intention to write your state senators of your enthusiastic support, in that it provides those interested in expressing their disapproval, with another conduit towards the same purpose. It is up to each of us, individually, to choose whether we want to ally ourselves with his organization, or write congress under its auspices. I know I don't. That's really all there is to it.

13. ShinyTop

I will not be using that organization for my communications with my Congressan and Senators. I neither need nor want an organization speaking for me. At least in this case.

14. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

15. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

So what's keeping them from going? I'll tell you what.. $$$ That threat is about as hollow as the compromise these idiots came up with for this so called reform. BAH!

16. ethics

The above is simply not true and the person making that claim is ignorant.

17. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

No legal approach to this will ever satisfy the illegals that come here to work. What they want is for their families to be able to come with them and enjoy the American way of life.

So, what we're doing is trying to get US employers to do things legally. What makes anyone think that they won't still look for illegals to bypass the system and make it cost efficient for their companies?

18. ravital

ravital Banned

Agreed completely.

However:

This is right on the mark.

19. joseftu

It's white supremacist. That's extreme. It doesn't make it the worst I've every seen, and I never claimed as much.
    Ravital, what is your damn problem? Who ever said that Tarullo's post was not legitimate or didn't deserve to be posted here? I pointed out Tarullo's errors and the problems with his post. What in the world is wrong with that, and why do you feel this intense need to pick and provoke? Why don't you cut the crap already?

No, I'm sure you won't.

20. ethics