1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tier 0.5 ramblings...

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Yeah I have been really lucky in that regard. I also recieved the Lesser Healingwave tablet on one of the raids so I am set... unless theere is a chainheal version out there.

Respeccing was the best thing I ever did. I may not do as much damage anymore but I can heal myself and others so well now that it more than makes up for the extra time spent killing something. It really pisses them off in the Battlegrounds when you LHW yourself for 1000+ in 1.5 seconds and then NS and Healingwave for another 2000+. If we could communicate better between alliance and Horde I would love to hear what they say about that.

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

AQ20 has three higher-rank abilities/spells for each class. Shammies get:

Tablet of Grace of Air Totem III
    Tablet of Strength of Earth Totem V
    Tablet of Healing Wave X

3. Brazbit

Ohhh.... Those other two would be quite nice.

I couldn't believe that the Healing Wave X tablet dropped twice in one instance last night.

4. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

The real good stuff from ZG and AQ comes from faction rewards. The Zandalar gear is really awesome, and from where I sit, is about as good as any tier 1 set. The priest set seems to me to be very nice PvP gear, or have items that will fill nicely, like the faction necklace. The Eye of Zuldazar is upgraded with every faction increase, and it goes from a ho-hum green to a nice blue, to a really stinking awesome epic that rivals any MC necklace.

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well, that went a lot easier than I expected...

All set on step two.. lookin dead sexy too :D Built in mana regen FTW!!

Now on to gather up shoulders and boots in the Spire for step 3 and a 45 min baron run. :doh:

For the fel elemental rod, it was very easy, head on south of winterspring, over that bridge where the +60 ogres run around and bear to the right, follow the wall south (ghostwolf here ftw. ;) ) and skip on by the elite demons to get in the cave up on the right side to buy the rod for 40G from the green demon before you go to Gadgetzan to turn in all your spirits.

Tip: if you go to Sithilus to do the spirits for step 2, 2 things, 1st, grab the quest at the graveyard (entrance to Sithilus from Un Goro) to kill 8 sentinels and 8 druids in the same danged area... and 2, you can gather up all needed spirits on the outter perimiter without going inside of that clusterfuck of an undead spirit hell.:whistle:

The lord elemental you need to whack in the next step to get the core in Burning Steppes is directly south of the ramp coming south into there from Blackrock Mountain. Watch out for the elite dragon floating around. :eek:

I pulled the needed non-elite lvl 60 elemental at range with lightning bolt back to a hill on the north side of his lava pit and his add did not follow :)

Had to pop a health pot here, he hits hard.

Sorry to ramble.. way past my bedtime.. :whap:

Braz, I sent you all my extra goblin go-go juice for you and Els. You're gonna need it :)

Wheee.....

6. SixofNine

Let's get another 4 MP5 on those bracers (16 Illusion Dust, 4 Greater Eternal Essence, 2 Essence of Water). I'll check the inventory, might be able to help with mats.

If MP5 on bracers is not your cup of tea, there's always +9 Spirit (3 LEE, 10 Dream Dust) and +9 Stamina (15 Illusion Dust).

Brian

7. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Very cool Andy. I got my bracers last night. Here is a note. Protection warriors can't solo very well. Took about an hour and a half to get them. Only died twice simply because there was some dust cloud out to eat me.

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'll have to ponder this.. I just lost +9 STR on the bracers and +7 agi on the gloves. :doh:

Maybe I should start gearign them more towards healing than whacking things..

9. Brazbit

I made the conversion and do not regret it. You miss the damage but once you get5 a handle on the survivability it kicks serious ass.

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quick questions to the masters from the lowly padawan..

Which pwns more.. mana regen enchants or higher spirit?

Mana regen work in combat? (stop laughing I'm serious..)

I want to do it right, most likely this set will be my set for a long while to come with my limited raid availability, I will also be whoring myself out in Cenarion hold and working on that 3 piece set they have to offer... cape, mace and ring. that combined with a whole thunders set will rock. :)

11. SixofNine

More ZG Info

In the context of finding good gear that doesn't require 40-player raiding, we've also talked about the excellent blue and purple gear that you can get out of AQ20 and Zul'Gurub. Here's some more detail on the ZG stuff.

ARMOR
    ZQ provides a 5-piece armor set for class - actually, three armor pieces, a necklace, and a trinket. The three armor pieces are obtained by achieving the appropriate level of reputation (Friendly/Honored/Revered) and turning in the appropriate "Primal Hakkari" paragon, which drops in the instance.

Here's the complete list by class.

Of course, the Primal Hakkari items required at Revered drop less frequently than the others and are only dropped by two bosses: from Bloodlord Mandokir and Jin'do the Hexxer.

NECKLACE
    The necklace is a little tricky. The good news is that you get it simply for reputation: no mat turn-in required. You get a green-quality necklace when you achieve Friendly rep, blue at Honored, better blue at Revered, and purple at Exalted. At each level of rep all you have to is find the guy on Yojamba Island in NW STV and exchange your old necklace for the new one (or just pick up the first one when you hit Friendly).

Here's the full list of necklaces.

The warlock's necklace might have the best name in the game. :D

TRINKET
    The trinket requires a drop of the Punctured Voodoo Doll appropriate for you class plus all four drops from the "Edge of Madness" bosses. This is time-consuming as these four bosses rotate every two weeks. The good news is that there is no faction or turn-in required -- as soon as you obtain the items, you can combine them into the trinket on the spot.

Here's the full list of trinkets.

To my knowledge Bloodforged has never done an Edge of Madness run, as we barely have enough time to try to kill the "main" bosses. Here's a more detailed post on Edge of Madness that I made in the EoT forums.

HEAD/LEG ENCHANT
    You can get a very nice head/leg enchant with Friendly reputation. You also need two drops: a Punctured Voodoo Doll for your class and a Primal Hakkari Idol. Turn in these two items to Zanza the Restless inside the instance.

Here the complete list of ZG head/leg enchants.

In Bloodforged raids your head or leg armor has to be at least Tier 1 to be allowed to roll on the Primal Hakkari Idol.

SHOULDER ENCHANTS
    Get Exalted with Zandalr and turn in 15 Zandalar Honor Tokens for a very nice shoulder enchant. The list is at the bottom of the already-linked wowwiki page on head/leg enchants.

NATURE RESISTANCE HEAD/LEG ENCHANT
    If you have an Arcanum of Focus, Protection, or Rapidity and are Honored with Zandalar, you can get a +10 Nature resistance enchant, Savage Guard, from Zanza the Restless.

12. SixofNine

MP5 works in combat even within the five second rule. Spirit only works outside of the five-second rule. There are calculators available that help you determine which attribute is more important based on length of fight, percentage of time outside of the five-second rule, phase of moon, etc.

Brian

13. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nice, so with that, I'll have 12 mana regen/5 seconds :)

I just grabbed a stack of Illusion dusts, will be shooting for the mana regen on bracers and +9 str or +7 agi (which ever you have) on gloves.

I'll fish up the water essences myself, (and some extras for ya) so I will just need to nail down 8 GEE's. :doh:

They were going for 7G a pop this am.. I''ll wait and see what the weekend brings. :)

I remembered I also when looking through my bank just now I still have my corrupted blackwood staff from Sithilus that adds another +26 healing/spell damage if/when I need it :)

It did come in handy those times I made it into ZG a while back and pulled healing backup duty :)

14. SixofNine

Look for bargains on green level 56-60 weapons, too. They usually DE into 2 or 3 GEEs. There's a small percentage risk that you'll wind up with Illusion Dust, though.

15. SixofNine

I'm pretty sure I have +7 Str to gloves (a pretty rare drop in LBRS). The +7 Agi enchant on gloves drops from the Legashi rogues in Azshara -- not sure if I have that one or not.

16. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:doh:

Yeah I meant +7 str.. I was thinking of the +9 str I had on my bracers.

*guzzles more coffee to wake up*

17. Copzilla

Andy, the common wisdom on MP5 vs. Spirit regen is that for priests, who gain bonuses to heals and can regen faster outside of the 5 second rule with spirit, that spirit is the way to go. But for other healers, MP5 is probably more vital.

I try to balance +MP5 with +heal with +int for higher mana pool. For me, what works the most is +heal, because you toss a renew on someone, and it tends to keep them up longer, and I can exit the 5 second rule and sneak in a couple ticks of spirit regen. Pull that off a few times in a fight, and it will bomb any MP5 regen out there. Combine that with multiple consumables, such as Nightfin Soup, Mageblood potions, mana pots, Nightdragon's Breath, and you can sustain for a long long time.

18. SixofNine

Also, priests gain 1 mana per 4 spirit, other classes gain 1 mana per 5 spirit.

Thanks to ItemRack I have put together several sets of gear that I use based on the situation. I have a mana regen set that equips every mana regen item I own and gives me (from memory) 58 MP5. This comes in very handy in fights where I have to cast constantly, such as the Moam fight in AQ20.

I also have a +heal set that equips all of my +heal gear. From memory that's getting me up to +450-something healing. I use this for a lot of instance healing.

In some cases I'll mix between the two.

19. Copzilla

My normal gear is somewhere around +25 MP5, +400 heal, and gives me a mana pool of 7300 unbuffed. I have spirit bonus to heal specced, so I gain another +75 or so from my spirit, and I have 10% MP5 specced, if I recall correctly.

I don't swap gear in between fights except to put on 4 pieces of FR gear for a few MC bosses. They're a ring, a back, shoulders, and necklace.

For me, the way to adjust hasn't been to swap gear back and forth, but to decide what enchants to put on the main set.

20. Brazbit

I swap when I have my big two handed +Int +Mana +spell/Heal items out and draw aggro. Then I hide behind a 2121 armor shield and pray for salvation. ;)