1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tier 0.5 ramblings...

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ok, having dusted Mav off, and taken stock of him, I found he had 3 pieces of tier zero that I could upgrade to tier 0.5.. Five Thunders, which look kick ASS..

Last night I happened to scope out the AH and found to my surprize, no less than NINE pairs of elemental gauntlets (gloves for his elements set) and bid/won a set accordingly. And all this time I could have sworn they were BoP. :doh:

Now he is at 4/8 Elements

Reading into the stuff (nice walkthrough there) as to how to change these over, I find I have enough of the set to work on doing the first 2 exchange quests at this point, the first level for the bracers, and the next level for belt and gloves.. and all the crap in between.
    He also has the kilt, and now only requires the coif from Scholo, and the rest seem to all drop in UBRS?

Chest is from Drakk, and boots and shoulders seem to both drop from the arena area in UBRS.

So.. who else needs to go grind Sithilus for the 15 venom samples for step one and continue this series? :)

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I think we all do, or at least most of us. I have MAGISTERS stuff on Lux (read: Mage tier 0 and I am a priest). ;)

3. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

I already converted my bracers but will gladly assist. The hardest thing to come by for the next step is the delicate arcanite converter. They are on the AH about every other day for 50-75G. Alternatively Brazsmish should be able to make these soon but that would still require an arcanite bar for each one made.

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

This is engineering? If so, Piz can make them. If it's BS, then Blackie can make them.

5. Brazbit

Engineering

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, I was tooling through that walkthrough and it just hit me how NOT-cheap this whole venture is... (Sticker shock from dealing with things that are worth under 5G consistently for almost a year I guess)

Looks like a lot of farming/grinding is ahead, I'm down to well under 100G at this point.

Good new is, it's been so long since I played Mav, that he is stacked with 19 quests, mostly in Blackrock and the other higher instances, and they all will pay him gold now as opposed to non-existent experience. :)

7. Brazbit

Yeah in addition to time and effort guides I have seen have placed the price around 200G or more to do the full upgrade. Hence why most skip right to raid armor.

8. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I'm up to stage where I have to engage Baron Rivendare in dead Strat within 45 minutes. However, I don't even have all of the Tier 0 gear that you can convert to Tier 0.5 in that segment. :rolleyes:

However, there are still some Tier 0.5 quest steps that would be fun to do and help with for the sport of it, like the 45-minute Baron run. Also, while in Silithus you can always farm Glowing Scorpid Blood, good for reputation turn-ins at the Darkmoon Faire.

I had Magister's Leggings forever, too. :) It's fun to help folks get Tier 0.5 gear with some of the things that Blizz makes you do (e.g., Ectoplasmic Resonator :thumbsup: ). In my case events are overtaking my need for the actual gear. I'm finally next in line for the Pants of Prophecy and the Boots of Prophecy and closing in fast on the Gloves and Mantle if any of these drop in MC (they don't :D ). I also have the dumb luck to be the proud owner of a Halo of Transcendence.

Pretty presumptous of somebody with zero Prophecy right now, but I dream of the first two set bonuses:

3: -0.1 sec to the casting time of your Flash Heal spell.
    5: Improves your chance to get a critical strike with Holy spells by 2%.

When I need fire resistance I try to include two pieces of the Virtuous (tier 0.5) set for the +8 to all resistances. My gear has rapidly become a mishmash of stuff from tier 0, tier 0.5, ZG, and AQ20.

In addition to working on tier 0.5 Mav, if you can hook up with any groups running ZG and/or AQ20 there's some very nice reputation-based stuff to be had.

Brian

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And there in-lies my predicament. ;)

I dunno, to me I think a decent goal with my play availability right now would be to try and fill out the elements set and then convert it all to the storms set.

Things just might change for me in a month, depending on my work status.

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Btw..

Brain churning....

RP involving Mav... immenent.

You. have. been. warned. ;)

11. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Pssst, the elements stuff sells for pretty cheap on the alliance side as it isn't very useful over there.

12. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The 4 pieces I have left to collect are all BoP. ;)

13. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:eek:

Ok, call me nubcakes, or whatever, but I tooled around today and finished up a Sissyph-Syphylu-Sillypuss quest today and turned it in (find cavern of time.. dur, it's right THERE! *points to map*, *smacks Cenarion Looser upside his head* *Swipes his coin*) down there.. Holy crappoly Bat Orc, there is a ton more stuff to grind down there now. (And I am seriously coveting the 3 piece set I can get from Cenarion Hold for a Shaman.)

Then I turned my attention to EP as I want to take on the 3rd and 4th tablets of Mosharu, (whatever) so I can be ready for 5th and 6th tablet if/when i do make it back into the Spire, and stopped into the new and improved Light's Hope Chapel.
    Even MORE stuff to do.:eek: :eek:

Yes, I've been gone far too long.. and far too many questions for now... off to work.:banghead:

14. Brazbit

Yeah it is crazy all the new stuff.

15. SixofNine

And the best way to get that three-piece set is by grinding AQ20 -- it's a deluge of Cenarion Circle reputation, and the mats that you have to turn in drop there. The progression is:

- Honored: ring
    - Revered: cape
    - Exalted: weapon

For each item you collect ten scarab items of two types, two idols of a certain type, and a single Qiraji item. Hammer of the Gathering Storm, Shammy baby!!!! I'm two-thirds of the way to Revered and drooling over the cape I'm going to get.

This new setup makes Argent Dawn reputation even more important. The big things for players at our level to focus on at LHC are the collection quests. Collect 30 of an item (e.g., savage frond, core of elements, crypt fiend parts, armor scraps, bone fragments, yadda yadda yadda) and you get either an Insignia of the Dawn or an Insignia of the Crusade plus AD rep (some items give you one of those, savage fronds let you choose between the two). If you're Revered with AD, turn in seven Insignia each and claim some nice loot, including a 20-slot bag and some nice blue armor items:

Armaments of the Dawn

Yeah, there's a ton of new stuff out there, but you can boil it down to three things (I added one from my previous post):

- AQ20 for a nice 3-piece set of ring (honored), cape, (revered) and weapon (exalted)

- ZG for a nice 5-piece set of bracers (friendly), belt (honored), shoulders (revered), necklace, and trinket. The three armor items require reputation plus one drop, usually named "Primal Hakkari (something)" - pretty easy.

Edit: Armor items vary by class. For example, warlocks get bracers, shoulders, and robe.

The necklace is a special case: you get a green one at friendly, turn it in for a blue at honored, a better blue at revered, and a purple at exalted. The trinket is also a special case: you have to get a Punctured Voodoo Doll for your class and combine it with a drop off each of the four bosses inside ZG's "Edge of Madness."

- Light's Hope collection quests for Armaments of the Dawn.

Brian

16. SixofNine

Oops, I forgot to mention the ZG enchant, which is not related to the armor set and was made much easier after the latest patch in that they eliminated the dependence on arcanums from Dire Maul.

Get Friendly with Zandalar, turn in a Primal Hakkari Idol and a Punctured Voodoo Doll for your class and get a very nice enchant for head or leg.

ZG Enchants

Brian

17. Coot

Thanks for that info Seid. I was grinding at LHC last night (have the AD commission) and wondered why a 20 stack of bone fragments was worth so much on the AH. :doh: Hopefully it didn't sell and I can get them back. :haha:

18. SixofNine

No worries, if they sell just buy some grog, have a party, and start grinding again tomorrow. :)

19. Coot

Actually, it's a great place to grind at my level. Killing the 58-60's there makes the xp bar go varoom, so it won't be a big loss. Plus the scourgestones that drop are an added plus.

20. SixofNine

And you don't have to be in Plaguelands to farm these items, but you make an excellent point about getting scourgestones, too. I do a lot of general purpose farming in Felwood, and the tree dudes there drop savage fronds, and the water beasties (toxic horrors) drop core of elements.