1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Three Cheers for Techie Forum!

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ethics, Dec 12, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

And I have three big thank you to all of you.

First of all, I'd like to thank Techie2000 for the registery cleaner he advised. In the past, the registery cleaners like the one in Norton's or FixIt! messed up my machine in such a way that I had to reload the the reg file. The jv16 software ran nicely and cleaned over 700 keys.

Secondly, I'd like to thank all of the people who tried helping me with the problem with my graphics card <a href="http://www.globalaffairs.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4370">in this thread.</a> Dell replaced the card yesterday and found out there was a piece of the chip that was overheating, causing not just the problems I've described but performance as well. Believe it or not, I rarely hear my fan anymore because there's no need for it like there was before.

All of you were correct right at the start, which is magnificent.

A most wonderful machine now!

Thirdly, the advice <a href=http://www.globalaffairs.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4692"> in this thread</a> regarding good newsgroup readers. Xnews ROCKS! I just kick myself for not asking this question earlier.

I know this forum is new but already I am VERY happy we have it and the participants offering all kinds of information.

Thank you all. :)

*P.S. Still working on my HD problem but getting closer (thanks to Jedi Writer and others as well) :)

2. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

WOOOO HOOOOOO

Glad you up and running ok now

:)

3. ethics

Thanks to you as well as others. ;)

4. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

See, and you weren't sure your forum had the technical contingent to deal with it - well, now you know. The members here are a well-rounded group, and love helping others!

Glad your computer is on the mend!! :)

5. ethics

Yep, which has me looking at the list others have offered a little more carefully. :)

(No I will not reveal anything). :p

6. jamming

jamming Banned

Well if you want to support the "Starving Computer Techie Society" just send me a check.

7. dmdvt

dmdvt Guest

Hey Jamming,

Are you really a non-profit organization?

8. jamming

jamming Banned

Not yet, but I could be ;) I got all the paperwork I need to be a NPO as I was going to do it as a joke last year. Actually I was kind of considering forming a NPO to help other NPO's upgrade and maintain their computers locally, but it turned out to be to much like work and if I work more than 4 hours a month on my own business I loose my disability.

9. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

w00t! w00t! Techie forum forever!

10. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

There is a real wealth of knowledge here..and FREE support...

Life is good...

;)