1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thread Moves, Splits, and Merges

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Dec 20, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Just an FYI:

I, and many other mods, have been lax and guilty of not tending to the forum maintainance. Threads would go OT and I would just sit there and not do anything about it.

Well, I think with the additions to the new forums, we desperately need to step up and make the threads flow better, more efficient, and on topic.

For that reason, myself and others will be stepping up and ensure that we split where threads need to be split, merge it with others, and move if need be to other forums.

DO NOT GET OFFENDED if your thread got split, or that it was split because of what you said, or moved because of this or that. This is done to get the flow of the topic going, not to censor anyone. If we wanted to do that we would delete messages, edit YOUR words and statements out, and/or move them out of site in to private forum. As you know, we do not practice that.

If you have a question, or a comment, please PM the moderator who took action (all moderators will leave their name in the edit -- preferably different color). If you are still not satisfied with the answer, feel free to PM me.

Don't worry, we are not going to go on a split binge, just a heads up that we will start doing that as soon as threads go off topic.

Thanks. :)

P.S. A more IDEAL way to ensure the above is for people to PLEASE try to stick to the topic. This way, everyone is happy and no action would need to be taken.