1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Rise of Minimum Wage

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ShinyTop, Jan 1, 2018.

1. dsl987

dsl987 Member

Back to the metric conversation:

Replaced some burned out dash lights in the A/C panel of my F150. The bolts securing the A/C controls were bigger than 1/4" and smaller then 5/16", so I dig out the tools for my motorcycle and found it to be a 6mm. I guess that's whats so infuriating is that they can't just use all Imperial or all Metric on a vehicle, they have to mix and match!

At least when I work on my motorcycle I can be assured every nut and bolt will be metric.

2. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Unregistered User

DSL, that's exactly what pisses me off! If US had gone metric 20-30 years ago we'd all have metric and that would be that! I read of a move for US to go metric around '70 that failed (evidently).

You discovered that to work on autos you require two sets of tools! We wouldn't need two sets of tools if Americans weren't such lazy, stupid asses!

And get yerself a Harley and I bet all the bolts are American, not metric. Not that I would know personally. I can ride on the back of one though!!! :D

I'd rather be co-pilot on a Hog than a pocket rocket! LOL! :D :D :D

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

You would be wrong. Harley's are not 100% American made. They're just assembled in the US.

4. Susan Addams

Well what does a chick know about bikes anyway except to hold on and hope my dude has abs of steel, LOL! ;)

Hmmm... Buns of steel? I know! Both!!! LOLOL! :)

5. Allene

Allene Registered User

Suzy, "pocket rocket" reminds me of the Montreal NHL team. Years ago they had two brothers playing at the same time. One was Rocket and his younger brother was Pocket Rocket.

Susan Addams likes this.
  6. Susan Addams

LOL @ Allene. :) All I wonder is if that's something in his pocket or he's just happy to see me! ;)

7. Allene

Allene Registered User

Ha! Different generations! :) Those two hockey players were around in the 50s and 60s. The older one was a very fast skater, hence the nickname.

8. Susan Addams

Well Allene that is my only reason to watch sports. Boy watching! :)

If I participate in sports it's skiing. I can ski up to a stop and dust everybody in a cloud of snow if I wish! ;) (Ski up, then dump my skis in a right angle, blowing up a whole cloud of snow! LOLOL!) I usually reserve that for my dude and dudette skier friends. They do me too! LOL! :) We spend more time on the gondola than we do skiing because the gondola goes up slowly, and we blow past it in a race to the line to get back on the gondola! — It's a sad fact of skiing that the better you get the more percentage of your time you spend in lines or riding the gondola or lift back to the top! Hello diamond trails! Y'all any skiers here? :)

I'm curious if there are any other skiing ppl here on the site... Just wow! I wake early, I hit the slopes early, I don't stop for lunch (lunch is for wimps), and after perhaps 6 hours of strenuous exercise I hit the Jacuzzi pool, then hit the restaurants early while the rest are hitting the pool, and by the time I've finished dinner and gone back to the condo I'm snuggled in for another day of skiing. And let me tell ya Suzy is no kiss and tell! ;)

9. dsl987

dsl987 Member

Harleys are nice, but they're a bit of a handful at the track. This is more my preferred bike :) H2R May 2017.jpg

10. Arc

Arc Full Member

Great photo. I wonder what an acquaintance of mine named Wendy thinks of that photo. (Long story.)

11. Susan Addams

Do tell!!! Suzy loves gossip!!! :)

12. dsl987

dsl987 Member

Agree with Suzy :)

Susan Addams likes this.
  13. Allene

Allene Registered User

Ditto!

Susan Addams likes this.