1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thnere are still Bolsheviks...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Robert Harris, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

Drudge is reporting:

PRAGUE -- Two Russian-speaking protesters threw tomatoes at NATO chief George Robertson and shouted that NATO was "worse than the Gestapo" as he closed the alliance's landmark summit here. Shouting that they were from the National Bolshevik Party of Russia, they stood up as he finished taking questions and threw two tomatoes at Robertson, missing him and hitting a back wall.

"The blood of all children is on you," one of them cried. They were quickly led away while Robertson was shielded by officials.

One of them wore an armband bearing a communist hammer and sickle.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Only two?

3. Robert Harris

Given the way things are in Russia these days -- still -- the party probably could only afford to send two to Prague. Their glory days are behind them. :(

4. ethics

There's no one I despise more in this world than the "hammer and sickle" folks.

5. Robert Harris

You are not alone.

6. Allene

Allene Registered User

Wonder what part of Russia those two came from? When I was over there in 1993, Stavropol showed more visible signs of communism than either Moscow or St. Petersburg, but I'm just talking about surface stuff here, such as statues and pictures. I barely made it out of the country before they burned the White House, so obviously more was going on in Moscow than met the eye, even though they had smashed a lot of statues. Are there more of these people in the provinces than in large cities?

Allene

7. ethics

Anytime you are in a small, poverty stricken "gorodok" (and most of the time, they go hand-in-hand these days), you will see less tolerance, more nationalism, and certainly yearning for the "good ole" Soviet days.

8. Perry Stroika

Perry Stroika Member

I will take the two bolsheviks over the morons who demonstrate in WTO meetings any day.

The two people are easier to contain. :)