1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[IMPORTANT] Thinking about kicking TapaTalk to the curb

Discussion in 'Rumblings from the Innards' started by Biker, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

For several reasons, the biggest being security.

Seems there have been an increasing number of issues with the client that aren't being addressed satisfactorily by the developers. The biggest issue being Admin notices being sent to non-Admin users.

Not to mention, with them going to an ad based client (the free one), I'm not wild about TapaTalk making money off the site here from people using the free client.

Going to mull it over for a few days. With the site having a responsive design, it really shouldn't be that much of an issue if I do pull the plug on it.

For those of you that are still using TapaTalk, try hitting the site with your phone browser and see how you like the responsive design.

2. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I use Tapatalk (paid version) and like it.

However, the forum does work well enough in Safari on the iPhone so I'll get used to accessing that way if you go this route.

3. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Looks fine using Dolphin on my Samsung G2. I like the mobile layout.

4. Biker

Yup. The devs did a bang up job on the responsive design. It's all automatic, too. Don't even have to install anything above and beyond the forum software.

5. Biker

Been discussing this issue with other site admins and we're all pretty much in agreement that Tapatalk is now more interested in generating revenue for themselves, rather than fixing issues that site admins have been howling about for months. It does not bode well for a company when their product ignores site restrictions and permissions.

As such, I've decided to remove Tapatalk. The responsive design is more than capable of taking its place.

6. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Oh noes, what will Kluge use to post with? :D

7. Biker

Tapatalk has been reinstalled.

8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Cool, thanks.