1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Think your data is truly backed up?

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Biker, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Not sure if this applies to the other companies that provide offsite backup storage solutions, but I was a bit flabbergasted when I read this about Carbonite.

So what you have is a backup service that may not have finished backing up your critical data when you need it most.

Nice.

2. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Forget throttling, the simple math on theoretical bandwidth available makes these services next to useless for me. I need to back up my photos but currently that is about 5TB plus my videos and audio on top of that. It would take forever to backup and restoration would take unacceptably long. As a third teir %=÷= hit the fan something is better than nothing backup these services might work but they make a lousy first choice for someone like me.

Now if your needs are a handful of docs and some pictures of your grandkids this may be the perfect solution.

3. Allene

Allene Registered User

I was on it for a while until I had a massive computer crash about two years ago. After that, I decided not to bother with them any longer, although they had nothing to do with it. They're still contacting me to rejoin.

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

For Photos, Flickr offers 1TB free.

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I can't really name who I work for since the govt closed the fort I worked at due to internal guidelines on social media, etc
    it rhymes with bomb-fault
    but i get people all the time blaming our product for slow ass speeds to amazon clouds or m$ clouds, and I had one guy threatening to rip out his million dollar install and " go back to carbonite" if I couldn't make his glacier-like speeds any faster on a porton of the backup job "I" had no control over.
    It was all I could muster not to guffaw and call his bluff.

ethics likes this.