1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things that are "broken"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ethics, Oct 18, 2003.

1. rowd

rowd Spark Maker

:huh: :holyshit: :eek: :nut:
    It still hangs for me even on the re-load. I've got pretty fast download speed on a DSL and i do notice the difference between the old and the new. Maybe it's my browser or my connection i don't know. I'll play with it later when i have more time. :augh:

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Well, we aren't going to Texas anymore. So, I would imagine some would get here with less hops than others. Dunno, works really quick for me at home and at work.

3. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

just thought I would chime in and let you know....
    I'm not having any problems what so ever and I like it.
    :) I dunno...I must be doing something wrong! rofl

4. Pyrion

Pyrion Liquid Metal Nanomorph

The only "slowness" I'm getting is when I load threads with lots of posts in them. That's pretty much my fault though because I have it set to show 150 posts per page, so it doesn't really bug me. ;)

5. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

Not a biggie and it can wait, but the button ( :) ) for go to first unread post at the top of the thread isn't working properly... sometimes it doesn't work at all, just takes me to the first post of the thread or will take me midway although I've been in the thread numerous times before.
    Oh, you know what I mean, lol.

6. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

The image files "forum_new_lock.gif" and "thread_hot_lock.gif" are missing. Normally I wouldn't mind, but it kinda messes up the forum table formattings a bit when I view the page.

7. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Okay, they were there this morning, now they have disappeared again. Are we getting h4X0r3d?

8. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Go to sleep Techie. It's all a figment of your imagination.

9. Neo

Neo Banned

I don't understand the "reputation" system. When I go to my "User CP" about four or five of my posts are listed as being part of my reputation rating. If I go to the posts and click on the reputation button at the bottom a window similar to the approve/disapprove window pops up. But in each of my windows it says my reputation is neutral for that post with no reputation points.

So why out of all my posts are those particular posts listed in my "User CP" as I have many other posts before and after those listed?

10. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Given my ability to miss reading instructions carefully there's bound to be something I have missed. But, is the option to "Search for all posts by...." in the members list still available?

11. Biker

Not only can you find all posts by a member, you can also search for all threads started by the member. Just go to the individual's profile.

12. Biker

Matrix, the system works differently from the "approval" system of the old site. As in the past, you can click the button on the post to see if it was rated but it doesn't show the "approved/disapproved". It also shows in your profile.

Everyone should keep in mind that the existing "reputation" system we have right now will most likely change once the final release of the software is loaded. Until then, we're not going to make many "foo-foo" changes to the system.

13. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

I knew it would be there somewhere. Thanks. :thumbsup:

14. Neo

Neo Banned

Biker, regarding my post 129 and your reply in 132, permit to rephrase as I still don't quite understand. Sorry.

1. Why of all my posts since the latest upgrade are there selected, (for some reason) five posts of mine listed under "Latest Reputation" and just those five? Why are they singled out?

2. And since they are listed why is there no reference to them when you go to their individual reputation listing in the thread?

If I understand your original response correctly you are saying that essentially the current reputation system is not functional at all and will be eventually?

I am not concerned about my reputation rating or lack thereof just curious as to what the above means.

15. ethics

It was left by the people for thinking you had a good post. You can PM the members who left you the karma and ask them why. ;)

People who choose to click on the karma button can choose not to leave a remark.

16. Neo

Neo Banned

Man, no sarcasm or criticism intended--I just don't get the new system at all. How can I ask them--I don't know who they are. I don't see anywhere that they are identified!

It just seems strange you can "vote" that a post is good but the author gets no reputation points or whatever it is you call it and the people voting for you don't say why they voted--so in a nutshell what is the purpose of the system? A sincere question.

I am afraid I am just the village idiot here.

17. ethics

As Biker mentioned, we are not using it. It came with the software but it's one of the things that will have a makeover. When, I have no idea, but it will.

18. Neo

Neo Banned

Well why in the hell am I bothering you with stupid questions and wasting your time, Biker's time, and mine? shit!

At least I was right about the "village idiot." :cry:

19. ethics

LOL!

Nah, I thought I mentioned it at the onset. The system works but it's right out of the box. This way, you appreciate all the work I put in in to a system that really works--both physically and emotionally-- the GA dollar system. :)