1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SWTOR] Things I just found out I'm doing wrong.

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Leveling up a fresh Scoundrel, (I like the ship, now that I finished and got it I can go back to my Sith :p ) I realized I've been playing the equipment upgrade game all wrong.

When you get an Orange level item that has slots, (LIke when you complete a class prologue quest and you get a decent item reward) you are better off paying data crystals to upgrade the mods every few levels in it than buying a whole higher level item that has mods equipped from the market.
    Whenever I see a reward choice now of a green item or 12 data crystals, i take the crystals, since that can equate to at least 4-6 mod upgrade purchases.

The cash I saved I was able to sink into a better speeder sooner than later.

I also did not realize/remember the datachron perks now carry over to all characters on either faction in your legacy. You only need to discover one once now.
    I fought my way into an elite area at low levels to grab one only to find I had already discovered it on another character years ago and it would not let me use it. :doh:

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I've been making do with rewards and drops. I'm almost at max for crystals, so I guess I should see what I can snag for upgrades.

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just wanted to pass along, if you didn't know about this.

Spend the Cartel Coins on your Legacy skills which cut down the cooldown on the recall/travel skill, and upgrade all 3 levels as this will make it ZERO cooldown, this comes in way handy bouncing around between discovered stations on a planet across ALL characters.

Well worth the couple hundred CC's

ethics likes this.
  4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Good advice.