1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Usual Year-End Circus

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by SixofNine, Sep 24, 2013.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

So here we are at the end of another fiscal year. Because they can never put together a budget in time, Congress is working on a continuing resolution (CR) to keep the government running after September 30th. The twist this time is that the Republicans are not including funding for Obamacare in their CRs.

So we might have another "shutdown showdown," either over the CR or a little later (mid-October, I think) when another vote on the debt ceiling comes up.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I blame the voters.

3. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

I agree. We are the ones who put them there, then let them stay forever, instead of sending them home after a term or two.

4. Greg

Greg Full Member

I blame the voters too. AFAIK voters deserve the government they elected. Unfortunately the minority (who may be right) get the same punishment.

I think they should just pass a 30 day CR and drag it out rather than driving America on the edge of a fiscal cliff for the next month or two.

My own opinion, I think Republicans should just let America get a taste of Obamacare for a month or so and let everything marinate. All the people I know who are experts in health care and HC insurance tell me a disaster is looming. Things are going to begin to crash in 5 days.

IMO the best thing the Republicans (and conservatives) can do is to just push it down for a few weeks or a month or two, let it drag out and keep it on the edge until it becomes patently obvious that Obamacare is a disaster.