1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Truth About George

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Misu, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

http://www.thetruthaboutgeorge.com/

Incase anyone was interested, I thought this was a pretty cool website. Yes, it's biased (it IS funded by NOW), but the fact does remain that Bush has done these things.

2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I read for about five minutes and saw many issues that are just a difference of opinion or in which the evaluator is so biased as to make any conclusions highly suspect.

Don't get me wrong, depending on the democratic nominee I will not vote for Bush again. But I still spend little time on spin sites of either extreme. Did he do all those things? Probably. Are they all bad and for evil purposes as the site proclaims? Definitely not.

3. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

Truth be told, I am not AS concerned about Bushy himself, even if he is re-elected, as I am concerned about his advisors, his cabinet and other appointees. MISU- I read the Ashcroft piece. It gives me chills.

4. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I don't think he did those things to be evil, persay. I think there are very effective lobbyists currently working the administration. I do think, however, that in this time of extreme patriotism (we're about to enter a war - possibly 2), people might be willing to overlook these 'silly' things and vote for Bush a second term, to finish up with Saddam.

The problem is, however, when his second term is up and he leaves office, we're still going to have to live with all the decisions his administration is making and the laws he's signing into effect long after he's no longer President.

Though I do agree that the site does put an extremely biased spin on many issues, the average intelligent person can overlook those biases and decern something for themselves.