1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Power of the Lemon

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ditch, Dec 22, 2002.

1. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

This is news to me. The use of lemon juice as a contraceptive was once widely used in Mediterranean areas. According to Roger V. Short from the gynaecology depertment of Melbourne Uni, "a 20% concentration of lemon juice in fresh human ejaculate irreversibly immobilised 100% of sperm in less than 30 seconds."
    Also as a low Ph level kills HIV, Rogers investigated the effect of the juice on the virus and found that a 10% concentration of lemon juice was sufficient to kill HIV. "The dual spermicidal and virucidal effect of lemon juice cannot be patented and hence controlled by pharmaceutical companies.....Lemon juice might also be useful for post coital washinmg of the penis to protect men from HIV."

Heroically, the resaercher and his female assisstant tried lemon juice on themselves and found that it was not painful so long as there were no lesions, from teeth and stuff I suppose. If the Pope could be approving of the lemons just think of the benfits to mankind.

This reseach is being presented to the 14th International Aids Conference in Barcelona by Rogers and to an AIDS conference in Capetown.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Heroically? Ditch, can I be a hero in these types of researches? ;)

3. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

4. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

You know, lemon juice is also a natural disinfectant. It's recommended to clean your wooden cutting boards with a sliced lemon - I also make myself a lemon tea whenever I'm sick, and combined with echinecea, it helps relieve many of my cold symptoms, as I suffer from real bad sinusitis and congestion whenever I get sick.

Lemon juice also is a great treatment for your hair - tho if you don't want to lighten your hair, chamomile or lavender might be a better choice.

Lemons are cool. yay lemons.