1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The INS...AGAIN

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Coot, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

While I was doing some searching for more information on this story about border patrol agents being fired on by Mexican Nationals, I came across this one...
    The car chase referenced in the article took place last week on Interstate 8 in San Diego. The BP was chasing a truck with 17 illegals in it. The truck crashed and killed two of the illegals.

What I'm trying to figure out is just how Mexican officials can pose as INS officials? Is the Mexican government counterfeiting INS credentials these days? Not that it would surprise me. Or is the FBI actually on to something here:
    Do we have INS agents just handing out INS credentials to members of the Mexican government in exchange for a little palm grease?

2. Coot

3. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

This was an eye opener:

"WorldNetDaily reported that for the second time that year (October 2000), Mexican army soldiers crossed into the U.S. and fired upon U.S. Border Patrol agents.

Seven months prior to that incident, Mexican soldiers crossed the border in two Mexican army Humvees and fired on a U.S. Border Patrol vehicle near Santa Teresa, N.M. Border Patrol union officials said the Mexicans chased the Americans over a mile onto U.S. soil. The Humvees held about 16 "heavily armed" soldiers."

So what does the Ashcroft have to say about this? How come it was never reported widely in the US or are cross-border affairs common between the two countries? Exactly what is happening down there?

4. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

The mexican army is shooting our border patrol??

Isn't there something like 12 border patrols only? Why the hell is the Mexican gov't sending out it's army to shoot at our border patrol?

Or is this Mexico's version of "Mariel"???

5. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I think we should loan an Apache or Cobra gunship to the border patrol. The first load of Mexican army shooting at our government agents inside our country is made to mush and delivered with a note to not fire on our people unless you want to save cremation costs.

I have not answered this thread because my anger is very high. You would think that law enforcement would work with each other and even allow hot pursuit. But they are firing on our people on our side of the border. Time to make an example. Time to seal the fucking border.

6. Coot

Mike, I have no idea. I'm really trying to figure a viable angle to this. The last 2 presidents have bent over backward to appease the Mexican government. It cannot be for the popular reason that I myself have so often espoused...that Republicans want the cheap labor and the Democrats want the future votes, as it is too trite and too convenient a package to tie the whole thing up in.

To be sure, it is most likely one factor, but other things have to be involved. My hunch is that the concept of globalization weighs heavily in this somehow. Throw in the influence of the Mexican drug cartels in their government and the national Mexican sentimental agenda of reconquista and I can see a confluence of interests bearing down.

7. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Coot, money and politics go together like sugar and water. Stir well and you can't tell you started out with two separate items unless you investigate.

I find it incredible that this Administration makes such a big thing about security, will have no compunction about restricting personal freedom in the name of said security but allows this sort of nonsense to go on.

Where are the respective Offices of Professional Responsibility? Why does Ashcroft still ave a job? More important, why are we the people, so blind to what is going on and not crying out? Where the hell is the media?

So many questions and so few answers.

8. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

Well, I just emailed the link off to the NY Post, Newsday, DrudgeReport and I'll hit the local news station tomorrow.
    If y'all do the same, perhaps we can get a couple of people to pick up on it and start a riot. :)

9. Ravenink

Ravenink Veteran Member

if mexican soldiers are firing on the border patrol they should be treated like any other country's troops firing on our soldiers in the continental US. that is to say, I agree with the gunship suggestion. Perhaps SM would care to pilot it?

10. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Well there you go, that's the reason right there.

I had forgotten that Mexico's drug lords are on the same level as Colombian drug lords. So if Mexico's drug cartels have control in the government, then it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this is their way of 'warning' our border patrol that they better let some of the illegals in, because these illegals are working. For them.

11. pupowski

pupowski Banned

Cheap labor arguments are bogus; "future voter" schemes treasonous. Both schemes threaten our security . As an un-repentent "America first" advocate, I reject the globalist-internationalist agenda both party's espouse . Corporate use of phony off-shore "tax havens", the exporting of America's jobs, industrial base, technology, and revenues, and allowing foreign entities to control our news media and lobby Congress are areas of concern, but none more so than US immigration and border policies.

Immigration is the terrorist's Trojan Horse. Bill Clinton approved an additional 300,000 work visas for the tech sector just before it collapsed. The rationalle was that qualified US citizens that wanted high paying IT jobs were in short supply, and US colleges and universities couldn't fill the need. Many came from Pakistan, Afghanistan, and other terrorist havens. Some of those "experts" are security guards, waiters, etc.. Some are unaccounted for, others are writing and testing software, or studying software / systems security / vulnerability. This is madness in an era of hi-tech defense and commerce.

So is it madness to allow over 3,500,000 illegals to live and work here, and not secure our borders. Bush wants to legalize them, saying "they do the jobs Americans don't want to do". Coming from a man who never had to work, the hollow words reek of cynicism. What he really means is " greedy tycoons can't find enough Americans willing to work under sub-standard conditions, in unsafe environments, without any rights, benefits, or advocates, and for coolie wages".

I didn't learn about the Mexican army shooting at the US border patrol from US soil until now, but that just adds to my deep distrust of the INS and the wisdom of US border policies. Such provocations can be construed as acts of war, or "mistakes", but a stern diplomatic rebuke should be a minimum. Al-Queda should have little difficultry infiltrating and sending supplies across our Southern border. Drug cartels and coyotes do it all the time. I did migrant health care for a while, in the camps and fields of the great NorthWest. Illegals from as far south as Panama toil in our fields, following the harvests from place to place. They are good people, and most return home each year, but the system, which was never fair, or sensible, is now dangerous as well.

12. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

In the Southwest this story has been around for a few years now. Basically, the army soldiers are said to be under the control of corrupt officers involved it the drug trade and illegal smuggling. And as mentioned, Ashcroft looks the other way because of Bush's cozy relationship with Vicente Fox.

Anyone think it strange the FBI put out a APB on 5 possible Arabs coming in through Canada, but nobody does anything about the thousands of border crossers getting here each day from Mexico? Believe me, they ain't all Mexican or Central Amercians either.

13. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Pup another :thumbsup: from me. One hell of a post.