1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Horror Continues

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Jon Gold, Apr 10, 2006.

1. benthere

benthere Registered User

I believe, based on the Naudet brothers' documentary that shows the lobby all blown out, the eyewitness accounts of William Rodriguez and many others, the seismic activity, the way the North Tower's antenna fell first, and many other pieces of evidence, that the core was destroyed first, specifically the basement floors where the tower meets bedrock. Later, during the collapse, there are many places where fragments of what may be glass are breaking out ahead of the collapse zone.

Additionally, in at least one (CameraPlanet) video, there is what appears to be molten metal dripping out of one corner of the building, right at the support structure. It is also supported by eyewitness accounts from a reporter.

I'm not familiar with the available methods of detonation. Anything I could say to that would be speculation.

2. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

In 1968 our PM of the time Harold Holt, disappeared when swimming at a beach in Melbourne. Perhaps for similar reasons as you have been promoting your ideas, a conspiracy theory arose with people claiming they had seen a submarine, a Chinese submarine, in the area at the time of his disappearance. So that's why he went missing you see. He was taken by the Chinese! His body has never been found, perhaps because its still on the sub!

Its hard sometimes to accept that heros and super stars are flesh and blood and icons like the WTC are just structures made of concrete and steel like the other buildings in the city.

I appreciate the sincerity of your views but it takes more than sincerity to convince and persuade.

3. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

By the way, here's an awesome map detailing the damaged areas. (Note that the Federal Reserve is in the damage zone!) It's a little dated as the red areas have pretty much been removrd, but for what it's worth...

SM

4. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Thanks for the map. Hadn't seen it before.

So 1 & 2 were hit by aircraft, 7 was damaged and then collapsed later. 3, 4, 5 and 6 all came down (for the most part) due to damage from 1, 2, and 7 coming down, correct?

What's the status now of the blue buildings?

5. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

It's really sad how skewed the issues of this event have been portrayed by the CT crowd. There was an "explosion" seconds before the tower dropped. Hmmm... Think about it. What has to happen BEFORE a structure falls? The supports have to give way. I'm thinking gigantic steel support girders snapping make pretty big bangs. And they would have failed just before the fall.

Not every question everyone wants to ask about this disaster needs to be answered. The questions will always be asked. There will always be another theory that needs to be debunked, until more money and effort was spent investigating the event than the event caused in damage, and of course, the government's investigation will always be treated as some form of conspiracy, or else there will be no more need for "meetings" at churches with Dr. So-and-so guest speaking, and rah rah rah...

Despite everyone on the planet seeing planes slam into the towers, people want it to be the US government to have been the ones to do it. Them. Those guys. The ones you don't hear about. The secret ones. Men in Black, I guess...

And the CIA was involved in pumping narcotics into inner cities. And Roswell is an alien base.

Still, if Jon and Ben's intent was to convince, then it has failed, and not because we have closed minds, but because the effort to convince was consistently phrased with questions, and not answers. If the intent was to ask questions, why come here? Ask the investigators. We've read the reports, but didn't make those reports. If the intent was to pick a fight with some perceived right-wingers, go the fuck home with yourself.

(spedit)

6. Sierra Mike

The Banker's Trust Building (I think) was condemned and has been spending its time under those construction shrouds. I heard that the insurance company won't pay for its demolition, so now they're talking about trying to repair it. Go figure.

SM

7. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Great point. Here you've got millions of people trying to figure out why this happened, and yet, nothing like it has ever happened before. No one has ever dropped 2 acres of concrete 10 or 15 feet onto another 2 acres of concrete, so no one knows how it would react.

8. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

One of those blue buildings is 30 West Broadway, which was our college's Fiterman Hall (mostly classrooms, a few offices, a new library, and some computer labs). The building had just been donated to the college a couple of years before, and a really nice renovation was almost finished.

7 WTC, in falling, smashed most of one corner of the building into rubble. It's standing now, unsafe for use, with one corner completely missing. I look at it out my office window every day.

It's going to be demolished completely, and a new building will replace it.

9. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I have to resurrected this car wreck in order to put in a last word. But the word is not mine.

Very good read. ;)

10. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

:lol:

The $100 bill trick was very clever. :)

11. Sierra Mike

Oh God, that was funny...I'd forgotten all about Jon "I Dropped My" Gold, but this guy's rebuttal is just too good.

I'm especially enamored of the secret message in the hundred dollar bill:

[​IMG]

:haha:

SM

12. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

:rofl:

13. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

See, this is what I mean in the other thread. A "Best of GA" book would be great! There is some funny (and sad) stuff here.

Printing on demand would work! :)

14. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

LOL. That was worth reading.