1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The end of ITT?

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Biker, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I looked at these guys back in 2005 as a potential job source, and after they took one look at my military teaching background, were slobbering to bring me on board. However the more I looked, the more I didn't want any part of their crap, as not only did they require you to crank out as many students as possible, but they also required you to actively recruit new students. If you didn't bring enough referrals in each month, they penalized you monetarily. Screw that.

This really might be the end of ITT

Can't say that I'm surprised.

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

Sounds like you made the right decision.

3. Biker

ITT Tech shutdown: What's next for students

Yup. They're done. And what sucks is those 35,000 students will most likely be unable to transfer credits to another accredited institution as ITT was on the verge of losing it's accreditation.

4. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

From what I have heard, ITT credits weren't worth shit at other institutions for years and their diplomas weren't worth anything in the real world either.

5. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Friend of mine was attending on VA Title 31 (Vocational Rehab) benefits. I warned him ahead of time about credits transferring, but he said he wasn't planning on transferring at all.

He's now looking at transferring to National American University, a regionally accredited for-profit school, which is apparently courting a lot of former ITT students. I'm not sure he's not going from the frying pan to the fire, but he's positive this will work.

I'm wondering how or even IF the VA is helping their Title 31 students. If they try to go somewhere that won't accept their ITT credits, they've basically thrown away a chunk of those benefits.

6. Biker

It's doubtful the government is doing much to assist students. There's talk of "loan forgiveness" but that's if you don't try to transfer the credits to another institution and just give up on the idea.

For those that are using VA or military benefits, I'd imagine they're pretty much screwed regardless of what they try to do.

7. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

California State University (a four year school here in California, PA, not the state of California), as well as some local community colleges, are offering a program help displaced ITT students complete their degree.

Cal U joins outreach to ITT Tech students

Allene likes this.