1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The DPRK's Death Wish...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Sierra Mike, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

From MSNBC.com:

Read all about the Dear Leader's death wish at North Korea to Kick Out Inspectors

Frankly, I'm at a total loss here. I've seen nothing in the media which would indicate the US is "rushing toward conflict," other than condemnations of the North's resurgent nuclear weapons program. Are they so desperate to believe they can make some nuclear weapons to use as cover while advancing into South Korea? Have US military movements onto Iraq spurred the DPRK leadership to really feel it's the next verifiable target on the Pentagon's watch lists? The US has been pretty happy to maintain the balance of power while the two Koreas try and initiate some sort of dialog, even though such attempts always ended in failure due to DPRK dissatisfaction. I don't see a definitive posture change on the part of the US.

One happy note: I see that the ROK's new president suddenly rolled over and greeted the DPRK with something less than a hug and a kiss. I guess ROK politics are just like American; say whatever you need to get into office, then forget about all those campaign promises.

SM

2. jamming

jamming Banned

The reality of the DPRK kept hitting him in the head so he couldn't ignore it any longer, Steve. If you don't support the Law of Gravity, doesn't mean that you are suddenly going to be able to fly on your own power.