1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dem's have no Class or Respect

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by fritzmp, Oct 30, 2002.

1. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

2. Domh

Domh Full Member

Business as usual.

Neither uglier or prettier than a million other times the Democraps and Republicants have shown their true colors.

Party politics in the United States of America is the ass end of a joke told in every nation but this one.
  3. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

I thought the same thing when I read about it. It was just as tasteless as when Hillary Clinton only went to a few funerals after 9/11 - all heavily televised ones. She blew off invitations to smaller ones that had no media coverage. What a bitch. Of course, I'm sure republicans have done things equally nasty. Why can't we all just get along?
  4. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

About par for the course.

Here in Wisconsin, our Democratic candidate for Governer's campaign staff just got busted for attempting to bribe for votes at a home for the developmentally disabled.

Then of course, there is the "smokes for votes" drive in Milwaukee that the Democrats got caught doing during the last Presidential election. A Democratic advocate was offering homeless people a pack of cigarettes if they would get in the van and go to a polling station.

Gee....and we wonder why the American public is piss pot tired of politics..... :mad:
  5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I heard about it first, and thought, you know the guy WAS a Democrat and so it's ok, I guess.

Then I saw what actually went on and was like, Oh MY God!

Pathetic, tasteless, but business as usual for politicians.
  6. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

<i>Coleman and Mondale attended Tuesday night's service for Wellstone and the five others killed, including the senator's wife and daughter. Neither man spoke. Mondale drew a huge cheer when he entered and whenever his face was flashed on giant video screens at the service, carried on statewide television.</i>

That's disturbing to me... Why would they televise a memorial service for the family and staff that was killed?? And why would they have giant video screens and 'fans' cheering??

I can understand Mr. Ventura's disgust. I would have walked out as well.
  7. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Passed Away June 15th, 2009

Yes, quite a disgusting display. Especially the Wellstone son's Hitlerian speech. Not much decorum and less shame in the Democrat party leadership.
  8. pupowski

pupowski Banned

Not much in the Republican leadership either. The Bush administration has been as crude and divisive as any in memory. Neither party has much dignity or honor lately as far as I can tell.

Wellstone's family sees a Republican neo-conservative trifecta (House, Senate, Presidency) as a threat to America, as he did, and with the election and funeral back to back, passions can be expected to run high.
  9. FrankF

FrankF #55170-054

I have always fantacized that one day the elected politicians will do what is genuinely best for the people of this country... not necessarily what is "Democrat" or what is "Republican". Probably not in my lifetime though.:mad:
  10. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Not in anybody's lifetime I'm afraid Frank.

If such a politician happened upon the scene and became well known he would ulimately be destroyed/eliminated, one way or the other.

It's friggin disgusting actually.
  11. DSL Dan

DSL Dan Registered User

Here's the deal, for anyone who has not yet figured it out. When Republicans do something unseemly, there's a huge outcry--aided and abetted by the complicit media. When the Democrats do it, then they and their apologists lay in the heavy smoke about it being done on both sides. Case in point...
    Do not fall for this subterfuge, my friends. The scale measuring distasteful behavior tips heavily on the Dems side.
  12. -Ken

-Ken Guest

I'm not sure we can agree on this one.

To that end, I would like to remind you of the political hay
    generated by the unfortunate death of Vince Foster.

Was it really worth several million tax payer dollars to find
    out what Bill Clinton's definition of sex was?

Each party has it's fair share of shameless deviates.
    And we wonder why so many American voters are alienated.
  13. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

I think it IS...
    depending of coure what IS IS...
  14. Domh

Domh Full Member

dan - nah, i disagree, and i think its a bit silly to truly believe that one massive group of people clearly exhibits more 'bad taste', for which there can be no accounting, remember, than another group.

a better interpretation of subterfuge (a deceptive stratagem or device) in this case might be attempting to convince people that democrats are generally tasteless miscreants while their friends on the other side of the aisle are paragons of virtue.

i do notice one difference between the parties when it comes to issues that tend to wrinkle ones nose: democrats seem to be a bit better at 'crying redemption' while republicans do a great job of not getting caught with their pants down until years later. thats always impressed me. iran/contra? the president couldnt remember, why should we?

recovery strategies aside, neither party has a monopoly on bad taste - its the american way.
  15. DSL Dan

DSL Dan Registered User

Liberals tend to be Democrats, and Liberals have an "end justifies the means" mentality because they truly believe they are superior and are the only ones who can save us from ourselves. They are the main reason the scale measuring distasteful behavior tips heavily on the Dems side. IMO equating the two parties is another example of that effective tool called "non-judgmental moral relativism" which can be used whenever you are caught with egg on your face.

Okay, lest I be accused of just repeating myself over and over, I'll shut up and offer the last word to anyone who cares to comment pro or con.
  16. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Today's WP OpEd, which has a left lean, starts one of the columns this way:

How badly can a political party screw up a memorial service?

Just ask Minnesota's Democrats

A very good summary as to what happened...
  17. pupowski

pupowski Banned

I'm not aware of any objective standard to measure distasteful behavior, so please reveal this "scale measuring distateful behavior" that allegedly supports your conclusion. I suggest that "ugly" is in the eye of the beholder as well.
  18. pupowski

pupowski Banned

That is because Liberal Republicans were purged by the neo-cons. Senator Jeffords defected for that very reason, and other liberal Republicans complain of being dis-enfranchised. Democrats did the same thing to conservatives, and both parties are myopic as a result. Your assertion is sheer hippocrisy, as the same case can be made against leading neo-cons. And to imply that all liberals and conservatives march in lockstep is a gross distortion of the truth. Liberal Eastern Republicans, for instance, have long been known as fiscal conservatives, and many traditional Conservatives are seriously at odds with neo-cons on constitutional issues, big government, and war with Iraq. Besides, most Americans are neither liberal nor conservative, but moderates are discounted in the dumb and divisive rhetoric about "liberals" and "conservatives". As I see it, PC liberals are not very liberal, and neo-cons are not very conservative. Here is a link to a more traditional conservative point of view for your edification.http://www.amconmag.com/
  19. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

20. DSL Dan

DSL Dan Registered User

A promise is a promise. :(