1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Admin has banned your email address

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by wapu, Dec 14, 2002.

1. wapu

wapu Veteran Member

My wife was trying to create an account here so she could flame me in public. Not really, but she wants to know who these people that I talk about are. When she tried to sign up she got a message that the admin has banned her email address. The funny thing is that she was using her Myway account and when she clicked on contact admin it was going to ethics(at)myway(dot)kham. Any ideas?

wapu

2. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Wapu,

Ethics is the admin so the email going to ethics@myway.com sounds correct.

Why the new member email addy shows banned is something I'm sure Ethics will address as soon as he gets the email.

3. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Was this a free e-mail address she was trying to use or one that her ISP gave her?

4. jamming

jamming Banned

Techie must not be awake yet? ;)

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

My bad, Wapu.

I was playing with some settings last night and forgot to turn this one off. I apologize to you and your wife. Ask her to try it in five minutes of this post. .

6. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Re: Re: The Admin has banned your email address

Hmm. Note to self: Fill cup with caffinated beverage after waking up before posting on message boards...

7. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Sweetness and Light

I'm pretty sure that ethics' email will be filled with spam if these text email addy's arent' disguised .

1 person likes this.
  8. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Good point, Sharon - there are so many harvesters out there. A simple edit of the post, even adding "nospam" to the addy, can make all the difference in the world. Example, " ethics@nospam.myway.com (remove "nospam." to contact)" would prevent the automation grabbing the addy while keeping the address known to those needing it...

9. wapu

wapu Veteran Member

Cool, she is Joining right now. Watch out though, her views are a little different than mine.;)

wapu

10. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Yeh, I see her now...

Should I run for cover? ;)

11. wapu

wapu Veteran Member

Not sure. She is reading the posts and thinks that we are not funny enough. She has never dealt with serious isuues online and I think that she is nerveous. Once she gets that first post out of the way I am sure she will be fine.

wapu

12. HrWriterK

HrWriterK Registered User

Yeah, I',m trying to get my neighbor an account and am encountering the same problem.

13. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Hotmail, yahoo, and several other organizations that specialize in throw away spam accounts are banned from being used here.

14. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

That is only because these old farts take themselves a little to seriously. I am sure she will find something somewhere to her liking... That or this will just confirm that you are as odd as she thought you are.