1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The ACLU is Hiring Conservatives

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Coot, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Outgoing Georgia Republican Congressman Bob Barr is finalizing a consulting contract with ACLU. In another interview I heard with him this morning, he states that while he has many political differences with the ACLU, they very much have common ground with respect to government intrusions into individual privacy, and he is being retained to address these very issues.

2. drslash

drslash It's all about the beer

I think this is a good thing. Any organization that wants to maintain credibility in regards to their opinions should have viewpoints from all parts of the spectrum represented.

I used to dismiss out of hand all people who dismissed things out of hand. ;) I will consider someone's opinions to have more weight if they don't always dismiss another's opinions just because they are left or right wing. Even though Bob Barr lacks credibility with the left (the perceived position of the ACLU) he will add credibility to the ACLU in my view.