1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That Pregnant Missing Woman

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Jan 25, 2003.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I know this topic will eventually get to this forum, so I might as well blurt it out.

In this case of a missing woman, anyone want to make a bet that it was the husband?

The woman who was having an affair with Laci Peterson's husband came forward Friday night to say she did not know Scott Peterson was married and that she was not involved in the pregnant woman's disappearance.

2. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Since my sister was murdered by her husband, I'll abstain. But you can guess how I'd bet.

3. ethics

Whoa, I didn't know that, and I am sorry.

4. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Thanks. Me too.

5. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Well, if I'm taking bets, I'm not betting against you, ethics.

Since about 40% of murders of women are by their spouse, and since this guy is already acting like a slimy rat turd, I'd place my money on him.

6. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

If we went after every guy who screws a woman besides his wife and tells her that he is not married (that is, acts like a slimy rat turd) the prisons would be a lot fuller than they are -- adultery still being a crime in many jurisdictions, I believe.

I plan to withhold judgement on this guy until there is at least a scintilla of evidence.

7. ethics

Adultery is the key, Bob, not the crime.

8. Robert Harris

Key to what? Adultery is the only thing that there is evidence on this guy for. And because of that you are betting that he did a murder?

I sure hope they find whoever killed the wife, assuming she is dead since I think officially she has just disappeared. And if it was the husband hang him, by all means. But let's not hang him yet. Maybe I am being too sympathetic but I recall how Gary Condit was crucified and destroyed by speculation in the absence of evidence that he was doing anything but screwing some bimbo. No matter what a schmuck he may be, nobody deserves to be crucified just for screwing a bimbo.

This guy is an adulterer, yes, but adultery is pretty common. And the men usually tell the babes they are chasing that they are not married or that they are separated or some such thing.

So I have been told, having no first-hand knowledge that I will admit to.

Let's find some evidence before labeling him a murderer.

9. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, but how many guys that are boffin' some other chick have their own spouse turn up missing?

10. ethics

Bob, yes, I agree, let's not hang him, but all of the red flags are coming from that crime scene in Boston, where the guy shot himself, then his pregnant wife and then fooled everyone for a while with a story about a carjacker.

11. Robert Harris

Let's turn the question around. How many guys whose wife turns up missing also were boffing some chick? A lot, I suspect.

12. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Well, this guy was not only boffing another chick, but he took out a $250,000 life insurance policy on her just this last summer. My money's on the husband...it remains to be seen whether the Modesto police can find any evidence.

13. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Same thing, Bob.. Which would make them a prime suspect. Although the police aren't saying so directly in this case, I'll give some pretty good odds that back at the "precinct" they're looking at him as the number one possible right now.

14. Robert Harris

That's the key, and all I am saying is we should do what the cops are doing. Treat him like a suspect, look hard for evidence, etc. But do it without publicly announcing anything. Publicly announce that you think he did it and if it turns out that he is innocent, he still is screwed.

15. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Well, since we're in a discussion forum far removed from the entire incident, we have the luxury of being able to speculate, and that's what we're doing. Just speculating. Please allow us just a slight bit of elbow room. I assure you, in a court of law, while we sit on a jury, we'll not be so presumptious.

16. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Big Media needs a sock stuffed in their mouth.

Granted the *circumstancial* evidence is incriminating but let us not forget it is just that...cirumstantial.

Likely he did do it but it really sickens me to see the media play judge, jury, and executioner in cases of this sort.

The Ramsey parents, although NEVER charged will always be considered the killer(s) because the media labeled them as such.

How bout that poor fellow that they thought was the unabomber? Screwed for life....ooops....sorry guy.

It disgusts me to see the legal process compromised so blatantly.

They are saying because he got a lawyer it is an indication of guilt. EXCUSE ME but if the whole world thought I comitted a murder I didn't commit I'd get a damn lawyer too !!!

17. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

MR4, the unibomber was caught and is in jail. You might be thinking about the Olympic bomber.

18. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

MR, you mean Big Media is not... objective? I'm shocked, I tell you! Shocked! As for the husband, seeing as the circumstantial evidence is stacked against him, I'll say it does not look good. But truth can be stranger than fiction so I'll wait for further developments. Right now my concern is with Laci not Scott. I want her found.

19. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I too want Laci found. She's scheduled to give birth in a few short weeks. No woman so close to birthing her baby should be away from medical treatment this long. She needs to be under the supervision of a doctor.

But if the husband did do it, I hope he gets brought up on 2 counts of murder.

20. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

Hey, right out of the gate absent any exonerating hard evidence the spouse is ALWAYS the prime suspect. Always! And that is true despite Detective Philip Vannatter's little fib on the stand.

In court the jury will nine times out of ten believe whoever tells the best story. Trust me I know ;)