1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That Old DPRK/PRC Family Feud...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Sierra Mike, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

So, at long last, Beijing is getting a touch worried about the DPRK and their sudden mood swings. I guess this is only fair; Lord know the US has had enough of that from Beijing. :)

Family Feud!

SM

2. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Well, as the brinksmanship continues, this is beginning to look more and more like blackmail. They're back to extracting plutonium, they've proven they've got a delivery vehicle and the country is starving. Now they're threatening to 'destroy the world' if the U.S. doesn't sign a non-aggression pact with them.

Rummy is saying that we will deal with North Korea one way or another. I'm thinking that 'another' sounds pretty good. You have to wonder if Seoul would be appreciative of a large, deep and expansive canyon north of the 38th parallel. It would certainly expedite getting the American troops out of S. Korea ;)

3. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Well, here's hoping it doesn't come to that--as much as I like kim chee, you can only get that on the southern side of the DMZ. And all the fighting will be in the north (hopefully), so that pretty much adds up to one encounter I'd happily sit out.

SM