1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tera Online

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, Apr 6, 2012.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Tera Online is getting some enthusiastic discussion here and there. Apparently you have manually target a la an FPS, and the graphics are getting good reviews.

There are some gameplay videos and screenshots in this thread, and, in the same thread, a detailed review of the first closed beta.

Game goes live on May 1st, subscription fee like WoW and SWTOR.

2. SixofNine

Priest! (level 39)

3. SixofNine

And some PvP:

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Looks great!

5. SixofNine

The skill requirement for targeting has me intrigued. Apparently the fifth and final closed beta weekend started today, accompanied by a wipe of all previous beta characters.

I won't be doing anything until mid-May anyway (final exams on the 14th and 15th), but it sure would be nice to find a summer game that comes close to the enjoyment that WoW once provided.

Another idiosyncrasy: there are no factions, so on a PvP server I guess it's dog-eat-dog.

6. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Just received an email from Amazon offering pre-orders for early access (3 days).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_120290_23552780_pe_button/?ASIN=B007RIGE12

7. SixofNine

Amazon Sale:
    May 19th and May 26th
    50% off both Standard and Collector’s Edition (both come with 30 days playtime).
    Standard – $24.99
    Collector’s - $29.99
    I don't know if you can see this thread without being a registered user of cheapassgamer.com, but just in case:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317580

8. Biker

9. SixofNine

Excellent!

10. Biker

11. SixofNine

I pulled the trigger on the CE download. I figure it's worth another $30 to find a game that will entertain me during the summer break. This and D3 will get the big tryouts, and I have Skyrim waiting in the wings.

12. ethics

No GW2?

13. SixofNine

That's definitely in play and might even wind up being "the one," but there's no release date, and speculation says Christmas.

14. ethics