1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tds update 12-13-2002

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by claire, Dec 13, 2002.

1. claire

claire Registered User

Update for 13-12-2002: +41 references (+24 primaries)

[20548 references - 6445 primaries/5122 traces/8981 variants/other]

2. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

What is tds?

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

TDS is one of the better anti-trojan programs out there. Before Jim's (Jamming) suggestion that's what my PC was protected with.

I loved the scripts it had also. Like you can lead a hacker in to a port you created virtually. In other words, the hacker would see an open port, and go in. You, of course, can see exactly what he is typing, you can even chat with him. :)

4. Robert Harris

I do not need any more people to chat with. I just want to keep the bastards out. :)

5. ethics

LOL! TDS3 will do that for you. But check out Jamming recommendation, it's simpler to use for the novices and for people who do not need all the bells and whistles; they just need protection from the nasties out there.

6. claire

claire Registered User

Hi,
    I don't know what is the Jim's recommandation but if it is
    Trojan Hunter I surely agree with him:)

7. ethics

That's it. :)

8. Robert Harris

I am not trying to be critical here, nor am I picking on Claire who is performing a very valuable service. But some of us, the ones who use their computers simply as tools to get work done and do not follow all of the latest software wrinkles for fun, simply do not know about some of the things discussed and need a little more hand-holding.

That said, guess I will go look for Trojan Hunter and see if it is something I need in addition to Zone Alarm, my AV software, Spybot, Ad-Aware, etc. Boy at this rate my hard disk will soon be so full of these protective things I will have to get rid of some of the other software -- like Wordperfect, etc. :)

9. jamming

jamming Banned

That, my Friend Robert, is why it pays to know Claire ;)

10. claire

claire Registered User

Sorry Robert Harris,

I'll try to be more explicit with my next posts.Don't hesitate to ask.I'll be glad to help if I can

Regards:)

11. Robert Harris

Well, I never have met the lady but will look her up if ever I get to Belgium. IN the meanwhile I will just continue to read her posts. ;)

12. ethics

This is great feedback, Bob. Too many of us, myself included, assume everyone knows...

Claire, would it be possible to have a summary of the program (something from the web page perhaps) along with the updates?

13. claire

claire Registered User

I'll try to find something when possible but since these are update's notices the interested readers are supposed to use already the program.
    Suggestions for new programs can be found I suppose
    at Techie Talk's Forum

Regards:)

14. Robert Harris

Thanks you, Claire. That will be very helpful -- but don't overburden yourself. For my part just a pointer to a URL that tells me why I should be interested would be enough in most cases.