1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System Cooling

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Techie2000, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Just a friendly reminder to everyone out there to make sure your system is properly cooled. My fan on my video card recently died. However as Dickens would say, it was recalled to life...:)

2. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

Cooling requirements change in the Winter and Fall. Now that the cold weather is in place (in most places)...Overheating from high ambient temperatures is probably not on the top of the list.

But this is the time of year when the houses are closed up and these machines just start to suck in all the dust and stuff in the air. It becomes extremely important to check out your machine...

Make sure its not full of dust and be sure to blow off those cooling fans. And be sure all the air intake areas are cleaned. Buy a can of canned air ..It works wonders.

Just finished repairing a machine for a client..Complaint was after the machine was on for a while..started to lock up and do "funky things" (thats technical client talk..hehehhe)

Opened the machine up and I have never seen soo much dust and junk sucked into a machine, into every available fan and intake area...The front fan intake was completely covered as was the processor HSF. The Video card fan had stopped spinning because so much dust was lodged on it..hehehehe

I'll have to get the camera and post a pic...this was just too incredible..