1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Sweet!] 4GB USB Harddrive

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Steve, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

I got a new, external, 4GB USB hard drive, today, it's sweet. My Outlook personal folders file exceeded 500MB, so I needed something beefier than the memory stick I'd been using, plus I need extra capacity for toting around my "tool kit" when I travel between locations. My latest export of 620MB from Outlook took about 5 minutes, transferring all the stuff in my tool kit took about 10 minutes.

I love technology ;)

2. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

How big and how much?

I have a Lexar JumpDrive 1gb that I keep around my neck, and it is thumb sized. Is yours about the same size?

3. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

It's the size of a wide TicTac box, same height and thickness, perhaps half again wider. I don't know what it cost, one of the guys that works for me brought ordered them. The link I gave above has them at just under $100.

I had a SanDisk 1GB thumb drive. Piece of sheisse. The part where the cord looped through it failed within an hour, it was just hanging on my neck and fell into my lap. Then it literally started coming apart on me, crappiest piece of cheap plastic engineering I've ever seen!

4. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

I have a similar 4 gig usb and I couldn't live without the thing. Amazing how useful it's been :)

Nice price on the one you got :)

5. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

I'll have to wait, that looks a little big for my purposes. I'm just happy with my 1gb, but I am running out of space.

And I remember when 20mb was cavernous.