1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Style is Going to Change on this Forum

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ethics, Jan 21, 2009.

Which style for GA?

1. Black Teal

0 vote(s)
  2. Dithered

1 vote(s)
  1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. Andy

Thanks for this.

Based on my preferences of..

1. Forum style actually using the entire width of the page on my widescreen monitor..
    2. Colors that don't hurt my eyes in a darkened room..
    3. General coolness factor..

I'm picking the following 3 out of all available on that page.

545 Systems

and Voodoo
  3. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

1. OnlyDev
    2. BlackTeal
    3. Smooth
  4. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

My choices in no particular order are

1) 3X
    2) ATX
    3) Battlegear

That said, I'm concerned that my choices are a bit dark, so it's hard to read the letters - but I have poor eyesight, so maybe that's the problem. But anything you do is fine, Leon.
  5. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

BlueSipSkin or Developer's Cafe
  6. ethics

Are people willing to go to dark background, Andy? If so, I have no issues.
  7. Morg

Morg The ultra-moderate

1. Kartel
    2. 545
    3. Aquateen
  8. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

And OnlyDev already has that cool globe.

BlackTeal (Nice mix between light & dark elements)
  9. cmhbob

With the BOGO offer, can you get one dark and one light?
  10. ethics

Don't care about logos too much, we can always create one later if need be. Not sure about BOGO offer?
  11. cmhbob

Buy One Get One Free
  12. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

Wouldn't that be BOGOF? ;)

I'll go along with whatever everyone prefers. I think they all look good--design is not one of my strengths.
  13. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

I'd like to see pale grey icons and lettering on a white background....you know, for the contrast :p

I'm with Joe, I don't really care.
  14. Greg

Greg Full Member

Actually I'm a big fan of following styles and style design, and I've found the black or dark background with bright lettering to be very difficult to read.

Upon further thought I've wondered if it isn't an age thing, and pointing out for those of you who aren't familiar with me that I'm in the latter part of the age spectrum.

I have a friend who operates a forum (don't we all?) who has the bright foreground and dark background, and after visiting her site a few times I just couldn't take it anymore, and long story short our friendship was stunted and I finally just gave up.

So I expect if we go to a light over dark theme I'll probably lessen or entirely terminate my participation here at GA. On the good side, I'm sure some of the members would consider GA without LH would be an improvement.

So give it your best shot. I hope you don't go for one of those black background themes. I'll miss GA...
  15. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I agree with LH (don't quote me) that older eyes have difficulty with bright colors on dark backgrounds.

I liked many of the themes with bright colors on dark colors but experience tells me it will limit by time at the site. I did like Aquateen and Blackteal.
  16. ethics

17. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

18. damonlab

damonlab Veteran Member

My preferences, in order
    1. ogenzen
    2. 545
    3. blackteal
  19. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

It's dark and dingy. It's got no 'life' to it. It reminds me of NY in the winter.
    But. I'll deal with whatever as long as everyone is still here.

It really has no.. hope to it, if you know what I mean. Like I come here now and it's bright.. there is life. The one you picked is...well, it's just dark. Maybe you should pick it out in spring? :)
  20. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Blackteal - its the simplist and cleanest I think.
    545 is kind of different without being too bling.
    Maestro isn't too distracting.
    Webchat is ok too.

These are in no particular order. I nixed those that didn't fill the page from side to side - too much wasted space imo.

I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine after we get used to it so go for it. ;)