1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stunning photographs taken by pilot through the years

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Biker, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

Gorgeous!

3. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

4. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Unregistered User

That's just stunning!!! I've decided two things: (1) I'm going to have some of them printed and framed. (2) I'm going to take an introductory flying lesson and see if flying is for me!

I've always been fascinated by the things I've seen during air travel, particularly taking off or landing, and both of them are always a rush! Okay a few times things got kind of squirrely. I've seen the runway out the side window, and just when you think the plane is going to land sideways the pilot adeptly flips the nose at touchdown so the wheels are going the right direction. Wow!

By the way, when I travel by air I leave my seat belt fastened 100% of the time unless I have a good reason to get up.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Allene likes this.
  5. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Susan, when I was returning from Vietnam in 1970 we were on a stretched DC-9. Suffice it to say it was a long plane. I fit 289 pax in a single aisle plane. So we had to land on Wake Island to refuel. I was sitting in the last row on the plane looking out the window. I swear, when the wheels touched down I was still over water. That will wake you up.

Allene and Susan Addams like this.