1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam sale: Portal bundle

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Andy, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Portal bundle up today on Steam sale ~$6 for both Portal and Portal 2!

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Didn't play either... Worth it?

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I never knew more about the story other than the internet memes. Got through the initial 19 stages and thought "hey this is cute" then I hit the last one with the surprise ending and now it got interesting with the escape story.

Kinda like Half Life's story trying to get out of the facility, but rather than headcrabs and aliens trying to kill you, it's a rogue computer controlling machine gun turrets, and lasers and you have to solve the puzzle of how not to die while escaping using portals.

ethics likes this.
  4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original game finished, nice ending but felt like it was all for naught... that was until I started portal 2 and woke up with the same character again in a very distant future now trying to get back out of the wrecked facility.

Bonus points for valve getting Stephen Merchant (of original "The Office" fame) to voice the helpful orb that follows you around, lots of humor in this one along with other ways of trying to kill you..