1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State loses track of 44% of sex offenders

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Stiofan, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

In what I can only describe as "business as usual" for California's bureaucrats, after spending million's on the computer hardware and software, the fools have failed to keep track of 44% of the state's sex offenders as outlined in Megan's Law. Folks, that's an astounding 33,000+ rapists, pedephiles and the like living next to you and me <i>and your children</i>.

The problem may be just as bad in other states as well. As a matter of fact, these 33,000 may be living throughout the country, we just don't know.

Sad but true story today in the <a href="http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200%257E20954%257E1095256,00.html">L.A. Daily News</a>.

2. LissaKay

LissaKay Oh ... Really???

We may not have all the fancy-pants culture and balmy weather here in TN, but we do have a righteous police force here:

Nonreporting Sex Criminals Face Charges

We also have a Internet Crime Information Center where sex offenders are listed by name and zip code. There are four in my zip and four in the neighboring zip. Unfortunately, one lives one street over from my parents. We don't let the kids out over there unsupervised.

3. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

While the enforcement is attrocious, the numbers would surely look better if they weren't requiring drunks convicted of urinating in public to register as sex offenders.