1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spybot update 12-11-2002

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by claire, Dec 12, 2002.

1. claire

claire Registered User

Spyware
    + C2.lop + Attune + eAcceleration + Aornum + Gator
    Malware
    + FriendGreetings
    Hijacker
    ++ Hastalavista + Xupiter
    Dialer
    + WebDialer
    Keylogger
    + SafeNet
    Usage tracks
    ++ Jasc After Shot

2. jamming

jamming Banned

Just set the setting to at least remind you to run the update when you open it up.

3. claire

claire Registered User

OK Jaming I will not post any update's notice at GA(you know it's my favourite hobby though);)

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Actually, please do. I am sure others would like to be reminded as well as me. :)

Besides, I like the summary as to what was added/changed.

5. claire

claire Registered User

Your wishes are(nearly always) my command
    Ethics but you risk to have a lot of notices;) :)

6. ethics

That's what the forum is for. For people who are interested to read, and those that are not, to ignore. :)

7. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Just a quick suggestion here - maybe a Science/Tech forum or Techie Talk sub-forum specifically for software updates? Possible aid in organization...

8. ethics

Hmmm, good idea. Will definitely implement that if these things become numerous (don't stop though, Claire).

9. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

I was thinking something more on the lines of Software Update Summary of the Day or something like a daily forum newsletter. If claire is willing to do it everyone that finds something can PM her, then she can compile it into a single post for the day (I feel a shell script coming on) and post it...

10. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

Good suggestion.
    I have so much stuff running on these machines, for suggested security protection, that I really haven't spent the time to know the nuances of their capabilities.
    I,just now, per your suggestion, looked in 'setup' and see where I can have it 'remind' me to check, or, have it check by itself.

Might I inquire why you mentioned the 'remind' feature, rather than the auto 'check for updates' feature?
    Just curious.

But I do appreciate the reminders, and subsequent info to be learned, from these types of threads.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Claire.
    Regards,

11. claire

claire Registered User

It's an option in the SPYBOT's settings.It's up to you to choose it or not

Regards

12. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

Yes, I understand the choice of options.

I was just curious as to the posted suggestion to configure it to 'remind' me, rather than to configure it to auto upgrade itself upon activation.

I was just wondering if there were any observed 'pros/cons' regarding the settings, that I should consider.

Thank you for all your input.
    Regards,