1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spybot update 01-13-2003

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by claire, Jan 13, 2003.

1. claire

claire Registered User

2003-01-13
    Spyware
    ++ MadoogaliAd + Aureate
    Dialer
    ++ Chat-2003 + Dialler + IBS
    Tracks
    ++ ArcSoft Panorama Maker ++ ArcSoft Photo Base 3.0 ++ Babylon Translator ++ Hyperion HyperSnap-DX ++ Insane 3d Flash Animator ++ MGI Photo Suite ++ MS ClipArt Gallery ++ Panasonic SD Viewer ++ Vitas RegSnap ++ SmartFTP ++ Poikosoft Easy CD-DA Extractor ++ Real Jukebox ++ RealOne Player 2 + Creative PlayCenter + MS Media Player + MS Office + WinRar + Windows Explorer + ZipGenius

2. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

I have tried to update several times -- a couple of days ago and today. I consistently get error message, "Error retrieving update info file!"

Anyone else having trouble? If not I guess something is wrong in my install.

3. claire

claire Registered User

4. cvs650

cvs650 Member

I got the update with no problem(today)

5. Robert Harris

Thanks for the info, folks. Sadly, I suspected that the problem was mine, and that I would have to uninstall/reinstall. I have updated several times before with no problems, so must have gotten some file mangled. I'll give it a try. Sigh...

A PITA. :)

6. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

Robert,
    Just a thought.
    I, also, got that type of error message; before I upgraded.
    I think SB is currently at ver 1.1 rel 4.
    I don't think 'older' releases can handle the new updates.

I removed/upgraded, and all is well now.
    Good luck.

Regards,

7. Robert Harris

Blast. I downloaded 1.1 rel. 4, uninstalled what I had and installed the new one and still get the same message. Hae to play some more.

8. jamming

jamming Banned

Well Bob it has to be you, I just got my update fine, maybe you should hire Claire to help you ;)

9. Robert Harris

I don't think I could afford Claire's services. She is too good. :)

I uninstalled again, reinstalled the latest, and now it is working -- downloaded update files. Guess something got missed first time I tried it.

10. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Claire knows how to use VNC? Or are you plotting to liberate her from Belgium and bring her to America?

11. Robert Harris

Does she want to be liberated? I am sure we could get Steve to organize a clandestine rescue mission if needed. He loves to rescue women. :)

12. claire

claire Registered User

Hi Robert,

I am glad to see that everything is(at least for Spybot)
    working fine for you:)